Sign in to follow this  
burroboskov

Request: Mercury Success Stories

What are some success stories with Mercury folks have? I’m usually drawn to more strikers or (at least in my mind) traditional brawlers like Venin and OKat. I only see Mr. Hot Hands as a reliable 2 dmg and fire for each inf I give him. 

What am i missing?

He can hit a figure needing a 2+ eg Farris who is :KD: and apply the 2 DMG & Burning to Bolt who might be in cover need a 4+ with 2 ARM from Sentinel. 

Also the 2" Aura of burning can deny charges to 1" melee players at the edge of their range.

Playing against Brewers. Ball is on Friday who has 7 health left, but stood next to Spigot in cover. You know how that story goes. 

Mercury instead goes base to base with Hooper. Attack Hooper, momentous Fireball on Friday who's 6" away. Hooper counters, knocks Mercury down, momentum to stand back up. Hits 3 more momentous Fireball results taking out Friday (79% chance to hit 2 successes against Hooper). Ball bounces to Spigot. Crucible hits him with Great Balls of Fire, takes the ball and scores my next activation. 

Game against Fish. Ball on Tentacles who has 2 health left, I activate first needing the goal to win. Mercury hard casts Flame Blast to take out Tentacles, netting me a momentum, sprints 8" to get the ball then scores with his 4 dice kick. 

I love him. He's one of those players that seems to get better the more you need him to do his thing. 

Mercury is pretty great.  With beaker keeper, he can do 10 damage to a model at 6" if he has someone to hit while generating momentum and his 2" burning aura can be a life saver.  I've had him toast Bolt off of Furnace and keep the butchers off my team for one more crucial turn.  He's also got a tackle on 1 and a 4 die kick if he ever has to extract the ball but I haven't needed him to since season 3.

Surrounded Horizon with Katalyst, mascot and Mercury.
KD from Katalyst, then left Horizon there for two fully stacked Mercury activations, burning anyone that came close.
Bonustiming Mercury's attacks got me 4 dmg 2 mom a couple of times against both Windfinder and Fathom.

14 hours ago, MechMage said:

Mercury is pretty great.  With beaker keeper, he can do 10 damage to a model at 6" if he has someone to hit while generating momentum and his 2" burning aura can be a life saver.  I've had him toast Bolt off of Furnace and keep the butchers off my team for one more crucial turn.  He's also got a tackle on 1 and a 4 die kick if he ever has to extract the ball but I haven't needed him to since season 3.

He's always in my core 6 with Venin, and this is basically headcannon:

giphy.gif

fite me

My last game vs. Hunters:

Previously Skatha sauntered in for a goal and oHearne came in for a failed run (slowed due to Mercury's aura). Both characters severely damaged by a mix of plays by oKat, conditions, and Mercury. oHearne is knocked down.

Start of turn 3 with O'Hearne on 2 health (with 2 gang ups) and Skatha on 6. Bystanders think my first activation will be oKat. The problem is, even if oKat kills oHearne with 1 attack, Skatha can counter- double dodge if I fail to hit a pair of 5's going over there.

Activate Mercury on full clip. 2/3 first attacks wrap, sending 2 fireballs to Skatha and killing oHearne. Walk over to Skatha and bonus time the hit for double takeout.

Mercury is great anti-striker tech. He is an ideal target for Beaker Keeper (as your other squaddies have more efficient ways of getting their free plays), using the fire blast and his aura to slow strikers down, and of course his fireball tech makes it easy to bypass high Def with a lower nearby target. He's my go-to compliment for oKat when I know I'm going to see strikers on the other side of the board.