Sign in to follow this  
Zozo

Alchemist - our nemesys?

Hello All!

Firstly, I wish you all a Happy New Year! :)

Secondly, on 29th Dec, there was an event at my local meta. In S4, that was my forst event with my biggest and first love, the Masons. I did a 2-2 rate, but there was a very sadly matchup, against a Smoke team.

Have you got any idea, tip, or something, what can we do against the Alch team?

Thank you!

Honour / Ochisel / Tower / Flint / Vet Harmony / Wrecker

Accept that smoke is going to have a turn where she spews **** all over your team. 

Superior Strategy, tool up Chisel. 

The threat on SS Chisel is silly and you can protect her from Mercury by keeping her back turn 1 until you move her up before taking her second activation.

Chisel with reach 2 circumvents Smokes Unpredictable Move, at which point she's a 4/1.

Chisel with Tool Up and Heroic, is doing 4 momentous damage 89% of the time, and 3 damage (on 1 success if you fluff the 2)

Smoke has 16 health, so Chisel has a good chance, with set up to one round her, but you're better off taking advantage of Smoke having to get close to you turn 1 to have a powerful turn 1. Let her come in, try to not let Chisel get burned, or if she does try and have a MP to shake.)
Hit smoke repeatedly with chisel end of turn 1, trying to leave her on 1-2 health.

Activate Chisel top of 2, take Smoke out, then capitalise on them having to play a turn without Smoke. Force them into no win positions, sure they can tackle the ball, but then Vet Harmony has a target to go in and wail on them to clear a load of conditions.

Don't expect Vet Harmony to win you the game, she's very good, but the Smoke player will do what they can to control her.

If you have the choice of letting them kill Harmony or Chisel, protect Chisel, she is super important because she threatens Smoke. 

Failing that, Honour can wail on Smoke, using her dodge 2 to avoid the UM.

Try to be aggressive as you can, remember Harmony has a momentous 2 on 2 and 1 on 1, 

Apart from top of 2, where it's super important to win iniative, winning role off isn't that important. Get into the habit of asking yourself ON EVERY ACTIVATION, do I need to be spending MP to heal... If you have a choice of ending turn on 5 mp and everyone having taken 3 damage or having 0 MP and everyone on full health, I NORMALLY prefer the full health. (Unless you're playing around the Knock down, or a key burn and need MP to shake, just plan to let them have first turn and keep everyone healthy. There is only SO much damage they can do first turn, and if your healthy, they struggle to one round people).

If you have the MP, counter attack merculy. You don't really have anyone that they can use to farm MP and fire balls, but they'll try and set up a few crowd outs to get a quadruple fire ball. I'd keep wrecker back to battering ram away their set up, to prevent mercury getting his set up.

Hope this is helpful, post how you do!

4 hours ago, Pentagon said:

Hope this is helpful, post how you do!

I really appreciate for you this post, next time, when I have to confront an alch player, I will try this. 

Counter to what you wrote, my line up was this:

Hammer, Wrecker, oChisel, Tower, Mallet and Granit (because I want a lot of 2" melee's player, and want to try out Granit). It was a horrible line up for me, so next time I will switch Hammer to Honour! Thank you again, I will write my experiences!

On 1/1/2019 at 8:29 PM, Pentagon said:

Accept that smoke is going to have a turn where she spews **** all over your team. 

Lol, just one?

On 1/7/2019 at 1:29 PM, TheBriarfox said:

Lol, just one?

If you take her out at the top of turn 2, Smoke won't be coming back until turn 3, use the time you've bought yourself. 

On 1/13/2019 at 6:18 AM, Pentagon said:

If you take her out at the top of turn 2, Smoke won't be coming back until turn 3, use the time you've bought yourself. 

Theoretically, sure. The problem is Smoke is going to be last to act bottom of T1 99% of the time. And being that Masons like to stay nearish to each other, dollars to doughnuts they're going to be in a good place for her to Cloud Jump in, get off some breezes, an infuse or two, burn her legendary, and farm a ton of momentum off of you (4-6 if they're doing it right), giving her a pretty good chance of being first activation following turn and getting the hell out of dodge, leaving you stacked with conditions and a fair bit worse for the wear.