Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin_Button

First Game with alchs against Navigators

Hey guys :),

next week i have my third Game of guild ball and my first game with alchemists.

i am very very excited but i need some help from you more experienced guys.

so i bought both start boxes to have the full alchs team.

can you please recommend me who i should pick in my team against navigators and maybe give me some tips how to Play with them against navigators?

if you also now some guides, Videos or Even forum posts i should have a look at, please feel free to Tell me :)

thanks a lot and thank you all in advance 

regards benjamin_button 

I haven't played Alchs for a long time, so this is just thinking aloud:

You probably want to take Smoke, for the conditions to slow them down and get the pain on them, not to mention catching up to the buggers. I'd also be tempted by Naja, for the 2" Unpredictable Movemement, 5+ DEF and occasional Hypnosis. I love oKatalyst, and he has a nice low :KD: and good speed. He'd probably go well with Crucible, for more 2" melee and Great Balls of Fire. Is Compound good in S4? He's a battery to give everyone else INF and he'll protect your goal. Which leaves Vitriol, cos why wouldn't you take Vitriol?

Compound near your goal, only needing 1 INF for Horrific Odour if you think they'll go on a goal run (heh). Get fire spread about with Smoke and oKat, use Crucible to retrieve the ball and get it to Vit or Smoke to score back. Naja is a place to hold the ball to make life harder for them. When the chance occurs, Kat, Compound and Vitriol can go into someone for a beat down.

Hopefully someone will be along to give some more up-to-date info soon.

Hello. Handy Alchemists bandwagon jumper, such as I am. 30-40 games with them in season 4. Still love them. 

Having played it a few times, Navigators is a fun one. They have such low health they make us look like Farmers. What they are is ridiculously fast and very good at getting round our high defences with those rerolls. 

I would go Smoke. Carpet them with conditions, particularly Burning, because Navigators can struggle for momentum to clear them. 

Venin for me is a must. He's fast and can do plenty of damage to a Navigator when he gets there. Plus they find his 4+/2 very hard to deal with when he's got Poison. 

I also like Vitriol here. She's a linear threat but it's a very long line. She's one of very few models that can chase down the likes of Fathom and Horizon and her momentous tackle on 1 is very useful. 

If the Navigators pick Azimuth, you need Crucible. Great Balls of Fire is the only way to get the ball back off the big lad without getting smacked in the face and boosting his defence through Gladiator. 

I've also taken Naja as a way of hiding the ball away until I've got some takeouts in the bank. Navigators are really good at snapback goals so be careful about when you score and give them the ball back. 

I'd go Smoke, Naja, Ocalc, Merc, Venin, Crucible and just try to pour on the damage and try to hide the ball on Naja

I really wouldn't bother with Compound, their strikers have positional tricks and kick ranges that render him almost useless

On 12/23/2018 at 11:38 AM, Dandyman said:

I'd go Smoke, Naja, Ocalc, Merc, Venin, Crucible and just try to pour on the damage and try to hide the ball on Naja

I really wouldn't bother with Compound, their strikers have positional tricks and kick ranges that render him almost useless

I agree on Compound. Too passive. I'd roll this list, but sub oCalc out for A&G. Play super turtle style and let them try to advance into wall o death. 
Pour on the conditions, knock everyone down with A&G, beat them to death with Venin or use them as fuel to hit the :momGB: results on Merc to pile on even more damage. If it weren't for the fact that this list is so tight and Crucible/GBOF is too necessary and Merc is too damn good in general to sub out, I'd almost say find a spot for oKat too and let him, A&G, and Venin f*ck up anyone who gets within spitting distance of the your side of the midfield. Stick the ball on the snake until it's time for Smoke to run in, nuke everyone, blink out and hit the goal. 

Play a defensive 1-4 game or even a *gasp* 0-6. We have so much condition damage and they have such a small pool of health and generally very little momentum to spare that they should melt under even the slightest focused attention. 

A&G and I have never really got on, just can't seem to wrap my head around them, but I can see how their potent but slow punching prowess could pay off against a team that has to come into you, 

22 hours ago, Dandyman said:

A&G and I have never really got on, just can't seem to wrap my head around them, but I can see how their potent but slow punching prowess could pay off against a team that has to come into you, 

If you don't go into them, every team has to come into you. 

On 12/29/2018 at 8:24 AM, Dandyman said:

Fair point, I suspect Ocalc and Merc's new S4 playbook have lured me down the getting stuck in path, 

The single greatest piece of advice I've ever been given when it comes to alchemists was "You know you can move your models back, right?"