SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Tildom

WAVE 2 shipment issues

Hi

Again, I have a complain about this poject. The WAVE 2 was suppossed to be shipped a few weeks ago and I don't have received any mail of confirmation. I read an update in the Kickstarter page that explains that have been problems in Europe, I wrote an email to the support account the tuesday explaining all this and, again, I have not received any answer.

I have an additional problem. In 20 days I'm moving and I don't know if the shipmen will arrive to the old direction because I don't know if it was sended already or not. 

It's amazing that with every single part of this project I had problems. The first shipment I had the problem with the spanish translation and somebody forgot to include half of the dice set in the box. Finally, the problem was solved... 3 months after.

I wonder if it is possible to do the things worst as you are doing.

I'm never spending another penny on a Steamforged product again. This project was massively successful in generating loads more money than they originally said they needed to deliver the project and its been nothing but a mess from the word go. Literally years are going by...

On 1/1/2019 at 3:14 PM, TheAntsAreBack said:

I'm never spending another penny on a Steamforged product again. This project was massively successful in generating loads more money than they originally said they needed to deliver the project and its been nothing but a mess from the word go. Literally years are going by...

Unfortunately that's the problem has been the success of it. More orders, means more production needed. More money won't solve the problem if the bottle neck is with the actual manufacture of the mini's and materials. Think of it as a sand timer, with money in the top, product at the bottom, but somewhere in the middle it's restricted hampering flow. 

With so many orders, the best thing is to take the time to make sure everybody gets the current set, before moving on. Otherwise you're constantly putting out fires with any issues that come up (as with anything on this scale, there will be issues), and storage is expensive if you're renting out multiple smaller units all over the world to hold the back log. 

Is it annoying that it's taking a few years to complete? Yes, because I want MY order as much as the next person. But I've got to be realistic and realise that there are 31,177 other customer orders to process, from all over the world. That's a lot of co-ordination and sheer volume of plastic to be made into little plastic figures. I'd be surprised if Steamforged have made all that much money on the £80/box + stretch goals as it is, without throwing more money away to get this done quicker. Because let's face it, that'd probably bankrupt them, and we'd get sweep FA, which is quite a common outcome from what I've heard about a lot of kickstarters. I've never created a kickstarter, never mind one this large, so I can't comment on how difficult it actually is to get it complete. 

I'd expect Steam Forged will have learned a massive lesson from this kickstarter, that they need to keep things manageable for future project, because they want repeat customers, and this delay is not helping them in that regard.

If you don't want to buy another product from them, that's fine as that's your choice, and I will respect that. But please, let's keep it in perspective, they are not sending out cancer cures, they are making little plastic men for us to paint and play games with. It sucks, but we'll just need to suck it up. 👍

11 minutes ago, Graeme_D said:

Unfortunately that's the problem has been the success of it. More orders, means more production needed. More money won't solve the problem if the bottle neck is with the actual manufacture of the mini's and materials. Think of it as a sand timer, with money in the top, product at the bottom, but somewhere in the middle it's restricted hampering flow. 

With so many orders, the best thing is to take the time to make sure everybody gets the current set, before moving on. Otherwise you're constantly putting out fires with any issues that come up (as with anything on this scale, there will be issues), and storage is expensive if you're renting out multiple smaller units all over the world to hold the back log. 

Is it annoying that it's taking a few years to complete? Yes, because I want MY order as much as the next person. But I've got to be realistic and realise that there are 31,177 other customer orders to process, from all over the world. That's a lot of co-ordination and sheer volume of plastic to be made into little plastic figures. I'd be surprised if Steamforged have made all that much money on the £80/box + stretch goals as it is, without throwing more money away to get this done quicker. Because let's face it, that'd probably bankrupt them, and we'd get sweep FA, which is quite a common outcome from what I've heard about a lot of kickstarters. I've never created a kickstarter, never mind one this large, so I can't comment on how difficult it actually is to get it complete. 

I'd expect Steam Forged will have learned a massive lesson from this kickstarter, that they need to keep things manageable for future project, because they want repeat customers, and this delay is not helping them in that regard.

If you don't want to buy another product from them, that's fine as that's your choice, and I will respect that. But please, let's keep it in perspective, they are not sending out cancer cures, they are making little plastic men for us to paint and play games with. It sucks, but we'll just need to suck it up. 👍

Word, this is probably the first time someone backing that KS is constructive and understanding, hehe.

I did not back DS, cause i missed the campaing. If i hadn't missed it, i would have gone "all-in" on it, even after following the flow of the deliveries and delays and everything has happened during the campaing. Why? Because all KS backers got the game (and specially all Expansions / Add-Onns) so much cheaper than even an fraction of retail. I think i've paid like 120-130€ for the core box only, then you can make calculations on Expansions priced from 50-90€ (i got all mega bosses and tiles + Vordt (not recieved these two yet ofc). Soo even the waiting game would be two years per WAWE, i still would have been happier to pay the KS prices vs retail. When reading anything DS KS related, people are just horrible entities in most part. That's just my two cents on this, i know, no-one asked or cares.

RE2 KS campaing on the other hand i backed and it was a breeze, eveyrthing has moved smoothly all throught the campaing, i know they are shipping few months late, but that's nothing. Everything shipped in one wave and shit, should be arriving soon as people have already gotten those boxes. I have nothing to complain, perfect KS campaing. So they definitely learned from the DS KS -campaing and as it is stated both campaings are in any way run by different teams too.

On 1/1/2019 at 4:14 PM, TheAntsAreBack said:

I agree, can´t believe it takes so long to get this out the door

I´m still waiting for the 2nd shipment, and was able to change countries in the process, imagine that..

And it´s not only the delay, but also the fact that they do not respond to messages or inquiries, I feel almost ripped off (i got the core game set, but that´s about it, when we were promised so much more)