Edek

Double Knocked Down and Take one for the Team

Let's say Tapper charges Hammer who is within 6" of vChisel. On my Charge Attack I've wrapped to the first Column. What's the order in which I declare my Playbook Results? Can I declare the Knocked Down from my wrap, check whether vChisel took the Knocked Down instead of Hammer and then declare my second Playbook result? Or do I declare both results (let's say Double Knocked Down because I believe vChisel will take one) and then vChisel decides not to take one Knocked Down and one Playbook result is lost?

You can choose the order of the playbook results when you wrap, since they are simultaneous. You don't have to declare all the results at once (if you expect your opponent might react to some of them).  

All results are selected and announced, playbook DMG and pushes are combined, and then the order of resolution is decided by the controlling player.

It is not possible to select a result, wait for the moment to react, and then select another 

So can I choose 2x KD against a model within 6” of vChisel or against a model with Sturdy (it MAY ignore the first KD)? It is possible that the opponent decides to receive the first KD and then the second is an invalid result

Knocked down – The target model suffers the knocked down condition. If the target model is already suffering the knocked down condition, this effect is invalid and therefore may not be chosen unless as part of a result with additional valid effects.

The validity of the effect is determined while choosing it, not when applying. You can choose a double (or even triple) KD result if only the target model isn't suffering KD condition yet.

The second one would be wasted, yes, but when it was selected it still was a valid result.

Note that in the case of someone with Sturdy, even if they chose not to use it they wouldn't be able to use it later in the turn either ("first time" wording and all).

+Edit: @Celary is an honorary Ninja's Guild member... 😂

+ + Edit: This previous post of mine explains, I think, pretty clearly just how it would be impossible, by the current rules wording, for reactions to be declared before all results had been selected (Note: S3, but the wording has not changed):

8 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Note that in the case of someone with Sturdy, even if they chose not to use it they wouldn't be able to use it later in the turn either ("first time" wording and all).

Also, in case of not using Sturdy, you would be awarded 2 MOM.

3 hours ago, Morganrl said:

So if I select a KD result on a model with sturdy it does generate mom? 

Of only if the choose not to use it, in which case getting double KD would only get 1

If your opponent uses Sturdy, you don't generate momentum, no (unless you had a double result, like Corsair's Mom KD>>).

If he doesn't use Sturdy, yes you'd get 2 Mom, plus he wouldn't be able to bank Sturdy for later, so there really wouldn't be a point (usually).