SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BenHasaGo

(Homebrew) Explorers Guild

Hi all,

After seeing some interesting homebrews on here it got me thinking... What would people think of an explorers guild?

I am still yet to place them looks wise as are they more of the medieval or Victorian aesthetic but I doubt that would change the spec for them much. Below is my very first rough draft and if anyone sees this I'd love your comments!

Explorers guild

Close links to the minor guild of the navigators but minor guild to the alchemists (brings them back exotic ingredients) or masons (brings back materials and information). The explorer’s guild have taken it upon themselves to map out every last inch of the world and to share their findings but these expeditions do not come cheap and guild ball has provided a rather profitable venture for our intrepid explorers

“They sure are looking to bring the crowds in to raise the capital for their next expedition the explorer’s guild style of play is all about flair and close calls.

From braving the wilds of the world, they have learnt how to duck and weave out of harm’s way and come away with the find of the century

Tackling and ball retention is the aim of the game with the explorer’s guild until they can work out what to do with the thing!”

Boiler - Butchers Guild

Plenty of momentous tackles and dodges on the character plays signifies their playstyle with bonuses for tap ins to show off their risk-taking nature and negating parting blows. I want to include a touch more of RNG to highlight the risk reward too.

Guild Rule: That was a close one/ Just in the nick of time or use the into the unknown that is on the captain.

+1 DEF when receiving a parting blow and may ignore the first knock down or tackle on a parting blow

Captain

Famed and legendary explorer has now turned his hand to the noble game of guild ball and it turns out he’s good! Making good at his years of exploring there isn’t much that our captain can’t do.

Big handle bar moustache and shoulder bag large cane in one hand and map in the other 

MOV

TAC

KICK

DEF

ARM

INF

5/7

3/8

3/6

Character plays

Where’d he go - 4” dodge

Character Traits

Into the unknown - Once per turn Roll a D6. On a 6 gain 1 influence. This can go above your maximum allowance.

Come look at this! - Call a friendly guild model into base contact if able up to its max movement

Legendary

Always prepared - At the beginning of his activation this model may perform one of the following

+2/2 to movement

+1/2 to kick

+1 TAC

+1 ARM

+1 INF

Mascot – salamander or Komodo dragon

Found injured deep in the rainforest the captain nursed him back to health while letting the floods and mud slides pass by. After a couple of weeks, the mascot would not leave the captains side and has defended his territory as if it were his own

On 4/50mm base big lizard

MOV

TAC

KICK

DEF

ARM

INF

5/7

1/4

1/3

Character Traits

Territorial - If in own half +2 TAC

Forever loyal - If within 6” of captain

Mascot only player to have knockdown and rest are pushes to reflect intent to defend territory and disinterest in the ball but rather to get someone out

Striker

From a proud and long line of explorers he was the black sheep of the family and ran away to play guild ball. Wanting to show his family he is every bit an explorer and well known then they are he joined the explorer’s guild for fame and fortune.

Looks a lot like flint as that’s his favourite player

MOV

TAC

KICK

DEF

ARM

INF

6/8

4/8”

2/4

Character Plays

Acrobatic - This model may make a 2” dodge

Character Trait

Scores for fun - When this model makes a Shot during its activation, the TN is reduced by [-1].

Close control - Once per turn this model may ignore the first Tackle Playbook result against it.

Defensive Mid

Found on the captain’s adventures hiding in a cave clutching the lost jewel of mootdurr. Besting him at a game of wit the hermit offered to go with him if he promised to let him keep his jewel

Hunched and pale with long black scraggly hair clutching the lost jewel of mootdurr in one hand

MOV

TAC

KICK

DEF

ARM

INF

5/7

1/5”

1/3

Character Traits

Its mine my precious

After every successful tackle this model may make a 3” inch dodge

You’ll never get it

When in possession of the ball +1 DEF

Attacking Midfield

The captains faithful travel companion. Wherever the captain is you know the winger won’t be far behind helping where he can

Model in sprinting position with large rucksack on back a little like hearth and pot of tea in the other

MOV

TAC

KICK

DEF

ARM

INF

5/7

2/6

2/4

Character Plays

Balls gone! - Target enemy model loses possession of the ball-marker and the ball-marker is placed in possession of this model. This model may immediately make a Pass without spending Influence.

Character Traits

I can get that / I’ve got it - When a ball comes free even out of activation, he can make a base move jog directly towards the ball

Nothing a nice cup of tea wont fix/ always time for tea (6” Pulse)- Choose one of the following:

Remove one condition on all friendly models or

Heal 3 damage on all friendly models

Adaptive strategy (6” Pulse) - Once per turn during this model's activation, the Controlling Player may choose another friendly model within the aura. Remove any number of Influence from a friendly model within the aura and allocate it to the chosen model.

Winger

Ever the thrill seeker she would scale the highest mountains, paddle through the most dangerous of rapids all so she can say she’s done it. There isn’t a mountain peak that doesn’t proudly hold the flag of the winger’s family crest

Model will have ropes over her shoulder and holding two climbing pics in her hands

MOV

TAC

KICK

DEF

ARM

INF

6/8

3/8

2/3

Character Traits

Scaling over - Can climb over obstacles and is not affected by rough terrain