Sign in to follow this  
Rammer

Big League S4

Hello everyone,

As I was looking across the Guild Ball resources, I found the Big League rules for Guild Ball. Given that the game is just starting to pick up in the area, I think this would be a blast to play with and get everyone into the game a bit more! I noticed that the rules for the Big League state they are for Season 3 of Guild Ball. Am I able to use the rules posted for it in Season 4 successfully or is there going to an update for Season 4?

In particular from just skimming through the rules, if we run this, are we supposed to deal Guild Plots and Game Plans to each team for every match? 

Not a big fan of the  big league. They gave up game plot cards because people could never remember to use them. The Big League adds more game plot cards, some of which are even worse for remembering than the standard game plots. I think the idea of having a big league is great, but just that it needs a major overhaul for season 4, a bigger than the one it already got.

18 hours ago, Kueller said:

The updated Big League stuff came out after the Game Plan Deck, SFG has said you can use both In Tandem so they can be used In Season Four :)

Thank you for the info! I appreciate it!

4 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

Not a big fan of the  big league. They gave up game plot cards because people could never remember to use them. The Big League adds more game plot cards, some of which are even worse for remembering than the standard game plots. I think the idea of having a big league is great, but just that it needs a major overhaul for season 4, a bigger than the one it already got.

Any ideas on how you would switch it up then? No one in our group played with Guild Plots as we all just have been starting over the past 2 months at most. 

The point of all the plots being available is so coaches can customize thier deck so you will need all the plots available to them or at least have them print out just the cards they want so you doing have stacks or wasted paper

On 12/7/2018 at 10:19 AM, Rammer said:

Any ideas on how you would switch it up then? No one in our group played with Guild Plots as we all just have been starting over the past 2 months at most. 

Organizing a league is pretty straight forward. Get a group of people, play x number of games (like each person has to play each other person once or twice, and no more.) Keep track of how many wins each player has. Form a tie breaker procedure. I think the big league had the most VPs as first tie breaker, with biggest VP differencial (VP for minus VP against) as the second. Eitehr declare the player with the  best record as the champion, or do a playoff tournament where the best 4, 6, 8 teams (depending on how big your group is) enter into an elimination tournament. (Winners in the first round advance to play each other in the second, etc, until only one is left standing)

From my observations in the big league cards, it seemed that the over all goal of the  cards was to award a little boost to teams, with weaker teams getting a bigger boost that's needed. These would have been a card you could play once that gives you +1 kick for the turn. Something like that. Perhaps going along the same lines with tokens you can cash in. Not sure. I've had thoughts about it but never really bothered developed anything.