Sign in to follow this  
Benesato

Combining shipping on backlogged orders

I've searched for the answers, and am still awaiting an e-mail response, so I hope this is an appropriate place to ask, since I'm sure it affects many others.

I placed an order on Black Friday (frustratingly finding about 75% of what I wanted sold out before I had a chance to log in), qualifying for free (international) shipping. I then placed a subsequent order for a few LEs and such, when they became available again, but was charged full shipping, as it was a separate order. I'd like to place yet another order, but don't fancy paying full shipping yet again every single time I want to add something to my existing, backlogged order.

So, If we have an unfulfilled order, and we place subsequent orders, will we be given store credit or reimbursed for the unnecessary extra shipping fee? 

OR Is there a means to append purchases to an existing order?

It seems ridiculous and unfair for us to individual pay shipping for what will be combined into one order, and it seems wasteful of your time and our money to ship a bunch of small orders individually if they can be combined.

Thanks for listening,

Benesato.

Honestly, your best bet is to wait for a reply to your email - they’ll be able to tell you what can be done. I only really have any power over the forum :)

Black Friday always leaves a big lag in response times though, because of the sheer volume of orders.

Having worked in that kind of environment before, it’s probably not as simple as you’d think to pick out multiple orders to combine. But that’s not to say it can’t be done, SFG may be able to sort something (no guarantees though, it depends on how stuff goes through their system as to whether it’s practical and efficient). 

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Honestly, your best bet is to wait for a reply to your email

Unfortunately, in the meantime yet more items are coming and going from stock. I don't want to buy more items only to be slugged with repeated shipping costs, and I'm sure many others don't, but I also don't want to wait for a reply and then find half the items in my Cart have vanished (again) from stock. I was more after general information about whether they do such things, just as eBayers tend to either combine shipping (more hassle for them, but more sales) or not combine shipping (less hassle, reduced sales).

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Having worked in that kind of environment before, it’s probably not as simple as you’d think to pick out multiple orders to combine.

Yes, I'm aware (I've worked in warehouse order picking) that if they do it order by order it would complicate matters. But if they're fulfilling orders customer by customer then (Rookie Bundle) + (LE Rookie Seenah) + (LE Veteran Hearne) is no harder than (Rookie Bundle + LE Rookie Seenah + LE Veteran Hearne). I.e., a few small orders or 1 larger order amount to the same work. Extra paperwork and logistics for store credit or shipping refunds would be a problem, but that's where I was hoping we could find out one way or another.

If they say, "Look, it's too complicated to do that" then it would suck for us customers (having to pay multiple batches of shipping just because their availability is fickle is pretty annoying to say the least), but at least we'd know where we stand. Thanks for the reply, @Mako. Hoping we might hear something more definitive, as I imagine I'm not alone here in purchasing limbo. :)

I emailed Support soon after the end of the Black Friday sale, about combining shipping and had the following response

'Hello Martin,

I am sorry but we are unable to combine orders during the Black Friday sale as orders will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis.'

So I very much doubt, if they will offer combined shipping to any one, I have nearly £300 worth of unfulfilled orders on my Steamforged account at the moment, only 1 of the qualifies for free shipping, as I purchased both sets of Resin Hunters.