Sign in to follow this  
MartyJB

Black Friday Combined Shipping

I've just sent an email to Support, to see if they could combine the various orders I've made over the Black Friday sale, due to items being Out of Stock and then suddenly Re-stocking, as well as a few additional purchases for a few friends as presents. Due to the way I placed the orders each order had shipping applied, I've been informed that as the orders will be fulfilled on a first come first served basis, that it is not possible.

My only thought is that the checkout removed items that weren't in stock at time of payment, so all the items I've paid for must be available. so just looking at my placed and paid for orders, it must be easy to put the items all in one package. I don't really care if they won't refund the additional shipping charges, although something would be nice, I just want them all to come on the same day.

They probbaly have hundreds and hundreds of orders from the sale. Been hard and time consuming to go through teh list matching up a single persons orders. That'd delay shipping even more.

...and for those of us who are international?

Their email CS is horribly slow. 
And the shipping is nonsensical. No response to my message sent day after, nor any notification about the order I placed that day, but this morning I get a shipping notification for the order I placed a day later and was hoping to combine went out today. 

Yay I guess. 😐

By curiosity, anyone received his black friday order ?

I've make mine a few minutes after the store open but his still on unfulfilled status.

I see the banner for the december 14th deadline but it's still long 😝

I want to make sure I'm not going insane... Did the set of Ball Markers mention they came with a fractured loyalties ball? There's a union in chains ball and I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the description... 

7 hours ago, Earthwormben said:

I want to make sure I'm not going insane... Did the set of Ball Markers mention they came with a fractured loyalties ball? There's a union in chains ball and I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the description... 

It did not come with that ball, I would Imagine they ran out of them for the Fractured Loyalties.

The description said Fractured Loyalties but the picture was UIC. I had seen other pictures online - SCUK customers who got the kit - and they all had UIC in the pics. I tracked down the Fractured Loyalties ball elsewhere.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:25 AM, Jaskier said:

By curiosity, anyone received his black friday order ?

Yes, I received one of my (overseas) Black Friday orders about 2 weeks ago, I think it was. Still waiting on my other order, but that has a resin Hunters team as part of the order, so I guess they're waiting for them to get finalised.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:10 PM, MartyJB said:

I've just sent an email to Support, to see if they could combine the various orders I've made over the Black Friday sale, due to items being Out of Stock and then suddenly Re-stocking

I had this same pain. I sent an e-mail, I posted a forum message, and "Suck it up and just pay every order's shipping separately" seemed to be about the only response from the forums, and no response from my e-mail. I feel your pain, and it especially sucks they they had no provision to simply add to an (unfulfilled) order for Black Friday, especially knowing that it would be a week or two before human eyes would even look at most of our orders, but from hour to hour stock was selling out but also being restocked.

I really, really hope they make better preparations for next year, as I would have been much happier spending that extra shipping cost on an extra LE figure or Chibi pin, and it should actually less work for Steamforged to have 1 order, requiring 1 box, requiring 1 shipping label, requiring 1 handling, instead of doubling their handling and frustrating many of their customers. This would also help Steamforged even more by eliminating a heap of e-mails they would have received about combining shipping and such.

I think we just have to accept that Steamforged are much better game designers/developers than they are savvy PR or business people. And I'd probably rather it be that way around. :)