Sign in to follow this  
Skraal666

Are there any Chance for restocks ?

Hey guys,

Maybe someone of you did BF sales on SFO before, this is my first sale and i was kinda late to the party (5 hours too later ....) I refresh the page like every hour in the hopes for a restock, especially for the morticians spirit Weavers and the Playmat.

Does anyone know if there might be another restock for BF ?

I doubt it, I'm afraid. The metal teams we've been told are now OOP, so if it's out of stock on the site, it will be forever. SFG themselves have said go to local shops to get hold of them. I wanted the Spirit Weavers myself, but had to settle for just Pirates Return (which was luckily for me restocked as they claimed to have missed some items in the rushed build up to the sale). The mat will probably be back in stock in the next sale, whenever that is - you may have to wait until next November. If you're lucky they might find some to sell at events - keep an eye out.

So... people (myself included) want teams in metal, yet there will no longer be any available?

People actually are willing to pay full price not wait for BF discount and company refuses to produce more?

Is it a sound commercial strategy or something that is out of SFG hands?

I have sent an enquiry to SFG about the unavailability of Chaska. I was sold both boxes of the Hunters at Steamcon. But Chaska & the bear are not in them. I filled the bear slot with the rookie. Nothing like that available for Chaska. It appears he was only ever a single figure.

No reply yet. Not holding my breath.

I couldn't get on at midnight. No access. Don't know why. I tried for 10 minutes for 00:02 then went to bed.

Any idea what happens now that the metals were sold out and apparently oop? Only resin and pvc? And as there's problems with both of them this doesn't seem like a good time for Guild Ball. There's not much of release schedule or anything either. 

This is a bit of sad limbo to be in and it's pretty much impossible to get people into the game as it is. 

From what I understand, the original plan was to retire the metal teams and replace them with Resin equivalents as the Minor Guild for each Major came out. Hence, Resin Morticians when the Ratcatchers PVC minor guild was released and Resin Hunters, when the Daughters of Falcons came out.

I think that Rich Loxam has posted on Facebook, that their will be some sort of announcement regarding the resin replacement schedule, after the Black Friday sale has ended.

Yeah but the releases of the minors are slow. And the resins that accompany them aren't readily available and are expensive on top of that. And both of them have quality issues as well. 

The one line that didn't have issues is discontinued apparently now as it is. 

The problem with my meta is that none of us can complete our Guilds. We're all missing players left and right and they aren't either available at all or some of us are missing models that are sold in boxes that include 5 other players no one needs/wants here. 

So.. It's quite a bit more than just challenging to try and build an active Guild Ball community. 

And I really like the game. I'd like to play a lot more of Guild Ball but understandably people aren't interested in a game in such a state. :(

My understanding, from what SFG has said, the moulds to make the metals have worn out/ reached the end of their shelf life. Resin and plastic moulds have a longer shelf life, so it's more feasible for them to make the switch. With no more metal models, I'm going to guess that they'll be speeding up the  release schedule of the resin major guilds. I'm sure the production problems set them back more than they had hoped. I highly doubt that we'll never see the major guild models again.

Resin figures use the same type of moulds as metal, unless they are individually printing each one on a Resin 3D printer, which will take forever.

10 hours ago, Furnace said:

Yeah but the releases of the minors are slow. And the resins that accompany them aren't readily available and are expensive on top of that. And both of them have quality issues as well. 

The one line that didn't have issues is discontinued apparently now as it is. 

The problem with my meta is that none of us can complete our Guilds. We're all missing players left and right and they aren't either available at all or some of us are missing models that are sold in boxes that include 5 other players no one needs/wants here. 

So.. It's quite a bit more than just challenging to try and build an active Guild Ball community. 

And I really like the game. I'd like to play a lot more of Guild Ball but understandably people aren't interested in a game in such a state. :(

Exactly this!

I ordered the morticians in resin when they where available, the quality was so disgustingly bad, i sold them to someone in my community who didnt mind about the poor quality and now i try to purchase the metal ones... but it looks like i will never be able to get my hands on my metal Mortician guild.

The coloured resins had some problems up until now ... which resulted, for example, in the recall of the Erskirii wolves world cup team ... small holes/air bubbles etc. in the cast. I think they're now saying that the manufacturer has worked out how to improve the process and the quality should be good going forward. Limited edition Fathom from Steam Con is the first of the "post-improvement" resins ... mine looked in good shape, don't know if anyone got a bad cast on that one?

I guess they're going to speed up the release of the resin models now and do it a bit faster than they previously announced. Fish and butchers should be out early next year in resin, with PVC cooks, miners and lamplighters also due in 2019.

I'm not sure that it's easier to do resin than metal ... I heard that the resin moulds wear out faster than the metal ones, and you have to spin them for longer to spin-cast them. But I guess Steamforged is keen to push ahead with resin, presumably because they want the models to be pre-coloured to fit with the "ready-to-play" strategy.

Personally, still quite like metal ... and can't help thinking the plastic fish/butchers would have paid themselves back in the end if they'd gone ahead.

15 hours ago, Furnace said:

Any idea what happens now that the metals were sold out and apparently oop? Only resin and pvc? And as there's problems with both of them this doesn't seem like a good time for Guild Ball. There's not much of release schedule or anything either. 

This is a bit of sad limbo to be in and it's pretty much impossible to get people into the game as it is. 

It's been that way since they dropped the single metals, and it's just got worse, with the resin and PVC problems. What really annoyed and upset me was that the quality of the casting on the metals from the Exiles and especially the Faithful was amazingly good - no flash, almost no mould lines, some of the best casts I've ever seen from anyone. To think SFG have picked a production partner that pumps out messes like the Falconers instead of the one that produced the multi-guilds beggars belief (and I believe it was a Netherlands based company, so really close in comparison to China - less tsunami issues, at least).

7 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

What really annoyed and upset me was that the quality of the casting on the metals from the Exiles and especially the Faithful was amazingly good - no flash, almost no mould lines, some of the best casts I've ever seen from anyone. To think SFG have picked a production partner that pumps out messes like the Falconers instead of the one that produced the multi-guilds beggars belief (and I believe it was a Netherlands based company, so really close in comparison to China - less tsunami issues, at least).

Aye. 

I gotta say I adore the metal models from sfg. They've improved me as a painter, they're full of character, they are marvelous sculpts, there's no issues that I've found with them. And they kept getting better. 

So I have to say I'm really saddened to see them go. 

No chance. We have known for a year that the metal line was being retired and replaced by Resin for existing guilds/alternate models and PVC for new guilds. 

3 hours ago, Lemminkäinen said:

So out of the fifteen Guilds for GB you can actually buy six? That sounds completely crazy!

Currently on the webstore the union/order is the only guild that you can get a complete roster for right now.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:33 AM, Lemminkäinen said:

So out of the fifteen Guilds for GB you can actually buy six? That sounds completely crazy!

Yeah that is a really weird state for a game to be in. 

On 11/25/2018 at 10:47 PM, The Old Buzzard said:

I have sent an enquiry to SFG about the unavailability of Chaska. I was sold both boxes of the Hunters at Steamcon. But Chaska & the bear are not in them. I filled the bear slot with the rookie. Nothing like that available for Chaska. It appears he was only ever a single figure.

No reply yet. Not holding my breath.

I couldn't get on at midnight. No access. Don't know why. I tried for 10 minutes for 00:02 then went to bed.

There claims to be a Chaska here: https://www.dicesaloon.com/