Sign in to follow this  
Kilion

Alch's

Well, as someone who loves to play both....sit back and be prepared to be peppered with poison and fire.  You aren't going to be able to do much about it.  Played correctly, they'll dance around your team....because with your high armor their normal melee attacks are pretty much worthless.  You are going to have trouble getting to them, so I'd plan on bringing as many 2 inch melee guys as possible.  This is a match up where I'd probably bring oCinder...that range attack is going to be invaluable to retrieving the ball.  I might even bring Cast as well.  I might let them get an early goal and then sit back and make them come to you. 

Good point.

I would run Burnish - Just burning is better than suffering also poison etc.

I like Sledge and vCinder. In therms of football you don't get even with the alchs, so just hammer them down. with Sledge they fall like flys and you can get easy kills with vCinder with little set up. Also both generate the momentum you need to heal up a little. Better let them go first than take damage.

How's this sound...

KICKING: Burnish-Cast/Hearth-O Cinder/Anvil-Sledge:

i'm thinking kick with O Cinder for her to do a tackle/goal run early. you have to keep Burnish till last so he can clear as many tokens as possible. Cast can score a goal also, and let Anvil and Sledge just kill whatever gets too close?

Burnish is decent tech, but it also plays into our angle. 
We're highly mobile, which is a problem. 
We also can put out a bunch of damage without having to worry about armor. 
We absolutely melt apprentices. 

Figure out how to kill the ball and pin us down or you'll have a bad time. 

Knockdowns are your friend.

My approach versus them is a very agressive Furnace captain play. Being the only master with mom damage and at the same time seting up your other apprentices (burning for cast, KD and -1 ARM for all the rest) means he is a very decent alchemist beater while generating quite a lot of momentum that can be used for healing all of that annoying condition damage.

So my normal line up vs. Alchs is:

Kicking: Furnace Cpt (kicking model), Farris (for quick foot), Hearth, vCinder, Cast, Bolt/Alloy OR Furnace Cpt, Anvil, Hearth, vCinder, Cast, Sledge

Receiving: Furnace Cpt, Burnish, Hearth, vCinder, Cast, Alloy