Sign in to follow this  
Bertwemet

Kami vs Nomad

Well done Alchemists. We are into the last 2 days before the voting ends and we are sitting in 2nd place. With support for Kami dwindling in Butchers it seems we are poised to take 1 of our top 2 picks. So the question remains Nomad or Kami. Make your final argument here.

Im still all in on Kami. I want those guns for ranged damage and to have a full team of science ladies. Smoke, Calculus, Crucible, Kami, and Vitriol.

I'm also all in for Kami,

IMO, Alchs are looking pretty good (except for legitimate reasons to take Midas over Smoke), and I'd love to run a full female in-guild 6, lol.

Honestly, if I knew any of these rookies has the ability to gain Fire/Poison on themselves, I'd be all in for that rookie. Venin needs a break!

We can't have poor Kami being forced into a bloodsoaked apron by the Butchers, not fashionable. Plus raining bullets on our opponents as well as poison and fire is wonderfully overkill.

Kami all the way!

I vote for Kami! She seems more interesting, thematically. I expect she would bring something new to the guild. Snatching her up also seems to mess up other teams drafts more. Nomad seems too redundant with our other good ball handlers.

Without poison/fire tech of some kind I don’t care who we get.  With poison/fire tech of some kind I’d rather have a ball handeler than another ranged character play character.  Kami seems totally redundant with Calculus and Mercury.  Nomad could bring some ball handling and scoring that I’m not finding on the roster at present. (I’d have preferred Knuckles, but you can’t have everything you want in this fallen world)

edit:  On second thought, I’d rather have a second captain.  Just having the one seems unfair when every other major guild gets two.

1 hour ago, Golden said:

Nomad could bring some ball handling and scoring that I’m not finding on the roster at present. (I’d have preferred Knuckles, but you can’t have everything you want in this fallen world)

I think we have quite a few ball handling and scoring models: Smoke, Midas, Vitriol, vCalculus, Crucible. Crucible can even strip the ball at range.

Your mileage may vary, but Smoke is usually pretty busy, Midas isn’t a real boy yet, vCalc isn’t anywhere near making my roster and Crucible is a 4/0 model with nothing to protect her or the ball.  Not the kind of ball handlers I want to see.  So, while I personally like Vitriol, I’d like to see more depth at that area and can live without another 2 inf for 2 dmg, rng 6 player.

Shoutout to Snakeskin, by the way.  You left her off the list, but her ball control into character play teams is fantastic.  It’s just a shame we can’t keep her.

7 hours ago, Golden said:

Your mileage may vary, but Smoke is usually pretty busy, Midas isn’t a real boy yet, vCalc isn’t anywhere near making my roster and Crucible is a 4/0 model with nothing to protect her or the ball.  Not the kind of ball handlers I want to see.  So, while I personally like Vitriol, I’d like to see more depth at that area and can live without another 2 inf for 2 dmg, rng 6 player.

Shoutout to Snakeskin, by the way.  You left her off the list, but her ball control into character play teams is fantastic.  It’s just a shame we can’t keep her.

My mileage is pretty consistent. Smoke does it all. vCalc is great, and would be auto-include if her name weren't Calculus, oCalc is great, Vit is great in a straight line, and Crucible is rad. Basically our whole team is strikers. 

I'm all in on Kami. Killing the ball, which is the one hint at specific tech she has, would be PHENOMENAL in our guild. Having to eliminate the whole "get the ball back" thing from the equation streamlines our plans amazingly well. 

Just submitted my final vote before the deadline for Kami. I agree with going for the ball killing ability that was hinted at. Slowing down the game is a great strategy to allow conditions to linger and work thier magic.

For those unable to watch the stream, in the 2nd pick of the Free cities draft the Alchemists select Kami.

Congratulations Alchemists, we got our guild's top choice.