Sign in to follow this  
AS Valken

Wave 3 contents/commitment

We've been dark for a while - has SFG said anything lately about what's to come in wave 3? Last I heard, it was "everything else". Have they committed to fulfilling all of the stretch goals as originally set out?

Yes, they confirmed long ago that Wave 3 is essentially "everything else" -- more specifically: the Stretch Goals (was originally the only thing planned for Wave 3), Vordt Mega Boss (delayed to Wave 3 as the mini was unstable and had to be remolded), and the Tile add-ons (delayed to Wave 3 as Bandai Namco didn't give approval for the designs in time for Wave 2).

Now, as you mentioned, we've been in the dark for awhile now and it might still be some time before we get a noteworthy update (assuming they're waiting until Wave 2 has been fulfilled completely). It is also possible that something else comes up and they end up splitting Wave 3 into Wave 3/4 (I'd love to read the comments on that one, just saying) but until they decide to chime in, the plan is still that Wave 3 will contain ALL of the stretch goals and everything else not included in Wave 2.

But something worth noting: I have a hunch that the stretch goals are further along in the manufacturing process than we think they are (the lack of updates doesn't help tbh), but back when they were posting updates of the production samples for the Mega Bosses I did notice that a couple of the production samples they took pictures of were from the stretch goals which could indicate that by now they might actually have a decent amount of the stretch goals either being printed or already ready to ship. Plus on top of that, I noticed most of the Mega Bosses include at least one Level 4 Encounter card with icons for expansions from what I can only assume belong to the stretch goals -- so if they've already printed/shipped cards with details from the stretch goals, they might be far enough in the production of Wave 3 to announce when shipping will begin, which would be fantastic considering they just shipped Wave 2.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:04 AM, Cfighter said:

Thorough reply

Thanks for the confirmation, I'm never sure if I miss updates! 

If they split 3 into two, I'd imagine Giblin just quits on the spot instead of dealing with that horrorshow.

That's an enticing detail! They would certainly recoup a lot of lost faith if they were that far along with wave 3, but there's a > 0 number of people that still don't have their addresses updated. I'm just excited to get all the armors and NPCs! I can't play often, but I'll be satisfied with a collection of of Dark Souls figurines.

Fine work, skeleton!