Shano

Ikaros S4 clarification

Hi guys,

I've reviewed previous posts on this and they are all pre-Season 4 and I'm not sure if any of the wording for Take Flight, Updraft and Harrier AOEs changed but would like to confirm interactions.

Obviously Flying ignores terrain, so Fast Ground etc is ignored.  Nothing on the wording for Harrier in S4 indicates that it is terrain or Fast Ground and the wording on Updraft just says that when the model passes through a Harrier AOE he gets +2/+2 movement - the previous ruling I can find indicates that Updaft doesnt apply when Ikaros has Flying (unless I misunderstood) 

Based on previous rulings on the timing of Take Flight between the jog and gaining Flying as resolving separately, my understanding of how this should work in S4 is as follows:

Ikaros activates, spends 1 INF for Take Flight making a jog (5") over Fast Ground (+2") and then gains Flying.  He then spends 1 INF to sprint (7") going across a Harrier AOE (+2") = total potential movement during activation of 16".

Is this correct?

If the AOE is not terrain but is still ignored by Flying, then that should also mean that Flying ignores other AOEs that deal damage or apply conditions .......

Previous wording said that once per turn he could treat Harrier AoEs as Fast Ground. Once he had flying, however, he would ignore terrain and, thus, the Fast Ground, hence the rewording, I assume...

This was my assumption as well, though if the last rule clarification for the interaction states that Updraft and Harrier templates don't interact it was worth a clarification.

Correct. Ikaros may choose the order of resolution of the Jog and Flying effects of Take Flight. Once Flying he ignores terrain. 

Updraft is not a terrain effect.