ScarycrowJack

Multiple Instances or Conditions

If a character is already suffering a condition and is hit by something that inflicts the same condition, does it suffer the condition again?

I know you can swing at a KD model with a KD attack over and over for MP or whatever reason, but does it inflicts an extra KD on the target per hit?

The situation in question is if a model has a condition, you place Cocksure on them, and they are targeted by that same condition again. Does it remove Cocksure?

The rulebook doesn't specify if you can or can't suffer a given condition multiple times.

"During a game of Guild Ball, models may suffer conditions. Conditions remain on a model until removed."

The target model suff ers the knocked down condition. If the target model is already suff ering the knocked down condition, this eff ect is invalid and therefore  may not be chosen unless as part of a result with additional valid eff ects.

(p19)

You can't chose a KD result if the target is already KD. Your question is still valid for 2+KD or a play with a KD effect, I guess, even if I don't know exactly why.

As a matter of fact, I can't find anywhere that you can't apply again the same condition, even if I assume the damage (and effects) will only apply once thanks to the rule that say that effect of the same name are not cumulative. p10

Not cumulative could be interpreted as "apply effect only once but you can have the same effect multiple time) So you could burn 10 times, but still suffer only 1 damage and -2/-2. I don't think this is the intent so. But it would probably mean that, for example, when removing a condition with Miasma you would remove only one instance of burning, then still burning after that. Except if you remove all instance of the same condition. Even then, getting the condition could have impact, like chisel being able  to get it, for any reason she could want (getting a KD to avoid blocking line of sight ...).

I think we Have To wait the answer of the Lawyer's Guild when it is written "Checking".

At least in s3, multiple instances of an effect replaced older ones. EG, if you were hit by stagger, then got another stagger applied to you from the playbook momentously, the new one overrode the old one and you still got the momentum - and notably the model would only have 1 "instance" of stagger on it. I need to check the current rulebook for support, but my expectation is that is how it currently works and that it applies to conditions just the same as sustained effects.