Sign in to follow this  
Gauntlet

Union in Season 4

Hi.

I've been writing up some guild summaries for Season 4 teams, and The Union are the next ones to be going up! I've tried to avoid talking about what they were like previously since that doesn't really matter now, and instead look at what they can do and how they play in the current season.

Hopefully you all enjoy it / find it useful. Feel free to hit me up with any questions or suggestions.

https://gutandstring.wordpress.com/2018/11/01/union-in-season-4/

I would argue Snakeskin is the better striker in a vRage lineup, especially one that includes Strongbox. Goes from nominal damage with poison to a beast during vRage's Legendary turn. 

I think she helps vRage accomplish the 1-4 game plan. You don't sacrficie output for a pure striker and if she's not loaded up opponents tend to overlook her still. 

She has her drawbacks for sure, but she's a good battery with great utility in the right moment. 

I think Mist is the better striker for a vRage list.  Snakeskin's damage output is still pretty bad and she's pretty fragile, even if her 1 damage + poison on 1 is good value.  Mist at least has 2" melee for better gang ups, to say nothing of his longer kick and better tackle.

On 11/4/2018 at 12:17 PM, MechMage said:

I think Mist is the better striker for a vRage list.  Snakeskin's damage output is still pretty bad and she's pretty fragile, even if her 1 damage + poison on 1 is good value.  Mist at least has 2" melee for better gang ups, to say nothing of his longer kick and better tackle.

Damage Output:
Mist: 1 on 1
Gutter: m1 on 1, m2 on 3, mScything Blow on 5 (playbook of 5) 
Decimate: m1< on 1,m 2< on 2, 3< on 5 (playbook of 6)
Minx: 1 on 1, m1< on 2, m2< on 3, 2<< on 4, m3<< on 5 (playbook of 5)
Harry: 1 on 1, m2 on 3, m3 on 5 (playbook of 5)
Snakeskin: 1 on 1, m2 on 3, m3 on 5 (playbook of 5) applies poison. 
Benny: 1 on 1, m2 on 3, 3 on 5, m2>> on6 (playbook of 6)

If you are looking at raw damage, she's behind only oRage, Fangtooth,  Strongbox shenanigans (excluding captains of course). Scything Blow ramps up too, but no one is going to argue against Gutter being a beast on damage when set up properly. She's gone from moderate beater to potential powerhouse.

If you aren't setting up for the wrap, Decimate's m2< on 2 is arguably the best result of any hybrid player and I won't argue that. But my vRage lineups like to gang up and add dice with Shelling Out or getting Coin involved. Mist is still the best striker, but I'm arguing the trade off to Snakeskin for more damage is worthwhile. 

41 minutes ago, riffbw said:

Damage Output:
Mist: 1 on 1
Gutter: m1 on 1, m2 on 3, mScything Blow on 5 (playbook of 5) 
Decimate: m1< on 1,m 2< on 2, 3< on 5 (playbook of 6)
Minx: 1 on 1, m1< on 2, m2< on 3, 2<< on 4, m3<< on 5 (playbook of 5)
Harry: 1 on 1, m2 on 3, m3 on 5 (playbook of 5)
Snakeskin: 1 on 1, m2 on 3, m3 on 5 (playbook of 5) applies poison. 
Benny: 1 on 1, m2 on 3, 3 on 5, m2>> on6 (playbook of 6)

If you are looking at raw damage, she's behind only oRage, Fangtooth,  Strongbox shenanigans (excluding captains of course). Scything Blow ramps up too, but no one is going to argue against Gutter being a beast on damage when set up properly. She's gone from moderate beater to potential powerhouse.

If you aren't setting up for the wrap, Decimate's m2< on 2 is arguably the best result of any hybrid player and I won't argue that. But my vRage lineups like to gang up and add dice with Shelling Out or getting Coin involved. Mist is still the best striker, but I'm arguing the trade off to Snakeskin for more damage is worthwhile. 

You're forgetting about anatomical precision.  Gutter and Decimate both deal two and three damage more reliably and Minx brings a defense debuff in the form of Hunter's Prey.  Even Benediction has a higher tac than Snakeskin.  Snakeskin does get good value out of nicking someone for poison but she is absolutely not worth making multiple attacks for damage with.  Anyone on the team would be better and you only have 12 (plus coin plus gameplan plus goals) influence to give out.  Snakeskin won't lose you games on her own but she's a bigger liability and lesser benefit in a scrum than Mist.

Seems like a solid vRage line up.  You won't outfight the fightiest teams but there are a couple characters who can break off from the scrum to score.  I don't think this is the ideal six into any particular team but it seems like a solid takes all comers list.

On 11/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, m.jäger said:

what about this setup?

VRage
Coin
Deci
Gutter
Harry
Minx

It's a little bit influence hungry - Decimate, Rage and Gutter all pretty much always want 4, and Harry also appreciates 1-2 influence. Other than that, looks good. I'd play if if I was receiving, since a turn one Decimate goal helps with your inf problems a lot.