Sign in to follow this  
Ghoul

Fishy Tactics s4

16 minutes ago, Thyamath said:

Bad dice is actually a reason why I like Shark so much : the only result I usually need is on column one.

But even if I dislike armor, 2/3 is usually better for us than 5/0 (or 5/1... Looking at you, vMinx) because of all our play. Also I remember hitting12 times on Velocity before being able to finally get that ball.

Wrecker got up in siren1’s business lol

thats why I’m bitter about 2/3 armor lol

plus one of my regular opponents must perform sacrifices to some kind of ancient diety of dice and bad choices. His luck is off the charts ridiculous gets him out of bad decisions all the time. I even had him roll my morticians dice one game. Haha 

i beat him, but if he ever got the finer mechanations of the game under his belt guild ball would be only the beginning. Then Vegas. Then the world. Lol

thankfully as you were saying most of our desired results are in like the first 2 sometimes 3 columns so it’s not that bad, but when it is, oh man is it ! 

I'm thinking about who to drop to make a 12 for a tournament this weekend

Definitely in without a doubt

Shark, Corsair, Tentacles, Siren, Vet Siren, Vet Sakana, Greyscales, Hag, Kraken

I think the first grouping is fairly straighforward. All these models offer something different to the team and are generally just good players.

Model I think should make it

Salt

Salt has his moments. Its often just quite handy to have a throw away ball retrieval model. 

The maligned ones

Sakana, Jac, Angel

I much prefer Vet Sakana to the original, the speed buff this one has is nice but isn't a patch on having fancy footwork which seems like a much better threat extension. Weak Point has its uses but if he gets to use it often becomes a bit of a victim himself.

Jac I have barely used but dropping a player with Goad seems mad, there will be a matchup where I just want to have him on the table. 

Angel has dropped in and out of favour. I think she offers something handy in a 10" kick but the 1" melee is killer, especially if I want to take Vet Siren in the team.  The ramp up in damage in s4 means she isn't quite the safe model sitting on Nimble she once was. The times I have used her the new Salt slingshot has been a thing.

Believe it or not my current thinking is Sakana is the one to go, despite being somewhat an auto-include up until this point and having the huge threat I think I can cover what he brings with other models (mostly his Vet Version)

I. Come to the same conclusion,  except that, without Fathom, I drop Angel first. The real problem start when I want to keep those two navigators... I thinks to drop both shamans, but then it start to be hard to use siren 2 instead of 1... Maybe greyscale...

I've got a tournament in a week and a half, but I only have 11 models so far, so that limits what I can do.  If I had the Navigators already, Fathom would definitely be my 12th.

Right now I have Shark, Corsair, Salt, Tentacles, Angel, Kraken, Siren, Sakana, VSakana, Greyscales, and Jac.

I expect from this group my normal 6 will be Shark, Tentacles, Siren, Sakana, Greyscales, and Kraken. 
I may sub in VSakana, from what people have been saying about him, but I really don't know how to use Corsair or Jac in S4. I don't mind Salt, but we already have so many quick models that a tie up piece like Tentacles is really nice. 

So no hag and no vSiren ? OO

During S3 hag was my replacement for Sakana when free counterattack was not useful or there was no heavy armor (like against brewers full kd). Fear helped being resilient, free dodge helped with first goal (or second, dire being first on second turn) when the opponent tried to refuse target to farm momentum. Legendary also helped with 2-2 plan, or at least threatening with it.

Siren 2 ... Is just so good now at retrieving the ball on the pitch. I think she is probably the best model on that, her only flaw being competing with our best model on greeting the ball from the opponent. She is not bad at that herself with tackle momentum dodge on one and top speed.

1 hour ago, Thyamath said:

So no hag and no vSiren ? OO

I started collecting when they were all in separate blisters, and for a while other games were our local players' priority, so I didn't go nuts buying them
Now they're included in a box and I don't want doubles of the other four, and I don't want to bother breaking up a box myself. The local meta isn't strong enough. There are no other fish players.

As you said, it's not the end of the world to stick with oSiren and one of the Sakana's instead of Had and vSiren. If I added Hag to my normal six, she'd probably replace Kraken anyway.