Sign in to follow this  
UciB

End phase condition damage double TO

Howdy,

This came up on the weekend and I couldn't find an answer. Who resolves conditions first in the end phase as there is no stipulation in the new rules.4 .

End Phase Once all models on both teams have completed all possible activations, the current turn ends. Players then remove all current ongoing effects and sustain effects, but not conditions. Resolve all damage from conditions on models and discard all influence on each model.

The scenario; both players are on 10 and will lose a player to conditions in the end phase. So,

1) the game ends a draw

2) Both teams are on 12 and you play sudden death (next point wins)

Also

Same scenario but one team is on 11 and the other on 10

1) Does the player with 13 points win

Thanks in adavance

.... following this one. Interested to know as well.

I was going to say that the player with the initiative, for the turn that is in the end phase, would resolve conditions the conditions that he/she had placed on the oppenents model first... but not sure what SFG intended in this case.

I understand that if the game times out and the score is level the kicking team wins.

(i.e. whoever kicked at the start of the game.)

As both players achieve the win condition at the same time, It sounds as though this would fit that scenario.

12 hours ago, UciB said:

Howdy,

This came up on the weekend and I couldn't find an answer. Who resolves conditions first in the end phase as there is no stipulation in the new rules.4 .

End Phase Once all models on both teams have completed all possible activations, the current turn ends. Players then remove all current ongoing effects and sustain effects, but not conditions. Resolve all damage from conditions on models and discard all influence on each model.

The scenario; both players are on 10 and will lose a player to conditions in the end phase. So,

1) the game ends a draw

2) Both teams are on 12 and you play sudden death (next point wins)

Also

Same scenario but one team is on 11 and the other on 10

1) Does the player with 13 points win

Thanks in adavance

Both Players resolve the End Phase at the same time.

In the first scenario, both teams reach 12 points simultaneously and as per page 6 of the Rulebook "the game continues until one player has more VP than the other, at which point that player immediately wins the game."

In the second scenario, the player on 13 points wins as they reached 12 simultaneously but one player has more VP than the other. 

And may I ask how that would work for something like Coup de Grâce from Corsair ? Corsair being unde condition and dying from it, as well as an ennemy player.

I think that Corsair team will get those momentum since when everyone get to Taken Out, Corsair is still on the pitch, and then only get out of the pitch, but I'd like a confirmation.

I don't believe that condition damage in the end phase would generates MP's if the model is taken out by Coup de Grâce .

This from the Collected Rules Clarifications thread in this forum:

Taken Out by Conditions in the End Phase:- VP are awarded as normal, but as not taken out by an action no MP is awarded.

37 minutes ago, Malritch said:

I don't believe that condition damage in the end phase would generates MP's if the model is taken out by Coup de Grâce .

This from the Collected Rules Clarifications thread in this forum:

Taken Out by Conditions in the End Phase:- VP are awarded as normal, but as not taken out by an action no MP is awarded.

Coup de grace doesn’t have the same restrictions for generating MP that normal takeouts have. Coup de grace generates momentum when an enemy model suffers the taken out-condition, which they do from condition damage.

17 minutes ago, Falkman said:

Coup de grace doesn’t have the same restrictions for generating MP that normal takeouts have. Coup de grace generates momentum when an enemy model suffers the taken out-condition, which they do from condition damage.

You may be correct :) I'm sure a lawyer will be along shortly to clarify things. Cheers mate!

Edit: (Rules discussion on Discord seems to think that yes the MP's would be generated as the Aura is still active)

7 hours ago, Thyamath said:

And may I ask how that would work for something like Coup de Grâce from Corsair ? Corsair being unde condition and dying from it, as well as an ennemy player.

I think that Corsair team will get those momentum since when everyone get to Taken Out, Corsair is still on the pitch, and then only get out of the pitch, but I'd like a confirmation.

In this situation, the team friendly to Corsair would generate +3 MP as the requirements of Coup de Grâce have been met.