Sign in to follow this  
Zore

couple questions

hi all i had a couple questions for season 4 if anyone could help?

1) i read that you get 1 momentum for being the kicker and the receiver gets none, my friend just told me that there was an errata that says the kicker does not get momentum on round 1. is this true or is he incorrect?

2) the encourage option. it says a model can only benefit from encourage once. so if boar encourages another model say ox than he can only do it once to ox i assume? or does it mean that boar uses encourage on ox and later if boiler tried to use encourage on ox than its not possible because boar already did to ox?

3) lastly i want to understand the knockdown. say boar charges and gets knocked down by a counter attack. can he spend a momentum to remove conditions from himself and continue his attack? or for instance boar is knocked down. later he activates and uses his stand up to sacrifice his jog, makes an attack and there is a counter attack that knocks him down again, can he than spend a momentum again to stand back up? and continue his attack?

thanks in advance!

First off rules questions should generally go to the rules clarifications forum.

As to your questions;

1) Kicker gets 1 momentum. Your friend is probably remembering the ruling from Season 3, where the person who went second turn 1 did not get momentum because no initiative is rolled on the first turn. That was specifically changed for S4.

2) The second. A model may only benefit from encourage once per turn.

3) Yes, being knocked down does not end your activation. If you have some means to stand up, you can do that and continue with your activation. There is a special case though; Standing up (whether by clearing conditions with momentum or by sacrificing your standard advance) is an action and cannot interrupt another action. If you are knocked down because of a parting blow in the middle of a charge, you won't be able to make the attack at the end because either you'll be knocked down (and hence can't attack), or you end the charge in order to take an action to stand. If you still have Influence after that you can make further attacks as normal, but none of them would have the charge bonus.

many thanks 

5 hours ago, Siberys said:

First off rules questions should generally go to the rules clarifications forum.

As to your questions;

1) Kicker gets 1 momentum. Your friend is probably remembering the ruling from Season 3, where the person who went second turn 1 did not get momentum because no initiative is rolled on the first turn. That was specifically changed for S4.

2) The second. A model may only benefit from encourage once per turn.

3) Yes, being knocked down does not end your activation. If you have some means to stand up, you can do that and continue with your activation. There is a special case though; Standing up (whether by clearing conditions with momentum or by sacrificing your standard advance) is an action and cannot interrupt another action. If you are knocked down because of a parting blow in the middle of a charge, you won't be able to make the attack at the end because either you'll be knocked down (and hence can't attack), or you end the charge in order to take an action to stand. If you still have Influence after that you can make further attacks as normal, but none of them would have the charge bonus.

many thanks siberys! is when you say can only once from encourage it is about the target model? for instance if someone used entourage on ox that means no one else can use entourage on ox? that leads me to the though that for instance boiler? i am still confused with this wording 😕

You’re correct - it’s the target that can only be affected once per turn, so if Boar uses encourage on Ox, no one else can encourage Ox for the rest of the turn. 

Ox is the model that benefits from the Encourage action, as he gains the health/clears conditions. 

Ok. So if i read the rulebook. It means if i have boar in activation he can first once rest for himself, he can then encourage ox, but i can go ahead and encourage boiler, brisket, princess all in the same turn.... the rules stat it can be used once on target model going by above than my statement should be true. 

Yes. That costs a lot of momentum though and probably isn’t worth it, and may be difficult positionally.