Sign in to follow this  
Dekkenblackblade

Good models vs each team

I am a new player both to Guild Ball and Morts, so I was wondering if you guys could give me pointers about models that the other teams don't like to see.

So for example(thanks to one of my buddies) Hunters that are focused around the bear hate seeing Silence because controlling the time of the bear activation can be brutal

vs Alchemists You want to have condition removal - Hemlocke is Your lass

vs Brewers You have to play football because You can't outfight them, get Bonesaw

vs Falconers activation control might be crucial, get Silence

vs Fish You want as many 2" melee models as possible

To be honest, I feel like picking Hemlocke and oGraves is never a bad choice. You can't realy go wrong with Obulus either, even though Scalepl is better drop against Masons and Smiths IMO. Whichever mascot You choose doesn't matter that much, they're both fine. So the last 2 slots are matchup dependant and I didn't solve that puzzle yet with season 4 in mind...

I guess we are 2-2 team for the most part (2-1 with Casket time) but in some matchups we have to go for 3-0 (Brewers i.e.) and vs Shark 1-4 strategy is the way to go. But that's my thought with only a handfull of S4 games ;)

Against Butchers I've found that Casket and Ghast throw a good wrench in their plans. Casket really stops their charges with Ghostly Visage plus his rough terrain. Ghast give you free mom and makes them pay extra influence for attacks.

I don't know how well Hemlocke is really verse the Smoke line up, yes she removes conditions, but you would need to control their activation order to really get the mileage out of it. You will need to run Silence as well, have him force early activation with Smoke, and then apply Hemlocke AOE at the end of the turn. If this isn't an option, it's really going to be hard to take advantage of smelling salts. It would be good to counter when you think Venin is coming in prior too, but very situational.

1 hour ago, LouisvillePitch said:

I don't know how well Hemlocke is really verse the Smoke line up, yes she removes conditions, but you would need to control their activation order to really get the mileage out of it. You will need to run Silence as well, have him force early activation with Smoke, and then apply Hemlocke AOE at the end of the turn. If this isn't an option, it's really going to be hard to take advantage of smelling salts. It would be good to counter when you think Venin is coming in prior too, but very situational.

I'm sure she'll not remove all the conditions from friendly players but will help mitigating the damage. Keep in mind that Smoke works different now - she does not move AoEs around anymore. And many others Alchs benefit from conditions so Hemlocke can toss a wrench in their gameplan. Outside of that, Blind, Midnight, 2" melee and 5+ def are always welcome.

Yea, I've played into Smoke a few times using Butchers and found it hard to take advantage of VBrisket's medic trait, since they worked to drop her first, and her 1" melee zone was tough verse counter attacks. Though I think Smelling Salts is great, just hate playing her when I think others are needed. What do you run in your six verse Alchemist?

VHemlocke will work to some conditions but after turn 2 and the middle starts to foRm they have so many models that will just reapply conditions. 

I think Scalpel and VGraves are great models to push into Alch with their average defensive stats they should bring the pain quite well. They don't have easy work arounds for KD's.

12 hours ago, LouisvillePitch said:

Yea, I've played into Smoke a few times using Butchers and found it hard to take advantage of VBrisket's medic trait, since they worked to drop her first, and her 1" melee zone was tough verse counter attacks. Though I think Smelling Salts is great, just hate playing her when I think others are needed. What do you run in your six verse Alchemist?

Alchemists changed significantly in S4 so that's pure theory-crafting:

Scalpel, either mascot, Hemlocke, oGraves, Ghast and flex, depending on their line up. That might be Bonesaw if I'm receiving or Skulk while kicking I guess. Ghast is great for keeping either Katalyst in check. Tooled up Scalpel can easily assasinate most of their team, Hemlocke for goal threat, condition removal and blind. My plan would be either 2-2 if receiving or 1-4 if kicking with Scalepl doing most of the heavy lifting. I guess Unmaskings off knocked down Katalyst are also a thing.

19 hours ago, Kheldar said:

Great topic! I’m new too and i habe to face farmers in my next league game. Any advice or strategy?

I'd say take Obulus and go for the goals. It kind of depends on their captain choice - Thresher is one-man-army type of guy and Grange tends to gang up more. Just try avoiding a brawl in the middle, be ready to sacrifice some players and focus on the ball but opportunistic take out is also an option, unless it will cost You too much ;)

I'd take Obulus, Dirge, Graves, Bonesaw, Hemlocke and one player of Your choice. Silence would be good counter to Fallow...

So far alcamist is my most tested match up. I have tried both graves and found vet graves is the better. You dont need the tooled up as scalple can easily take out most. The close control and early kd are great. The 2 armor hurts when most of their team is tac 5, trying to hit the 3rd column. I also take ghast vileswarm and hemlock. Smelling salts was only useful twice. Her strong suit was midnight offering. That allows scalpel to do pretty much what ever she want. And last slot goes to bonesaw if in kicking. Turn on goal is almost automatic. And usually skulk if I'm kicking. He can usually stop their turn on goal run.