Sign in to follow this  
TheBriarfox

Order Openings

So what's your general plan with the order, and what do, generally speaking, you want your opening turn to look like? I know there's some variance with team comp and opponents and so on. I've played them a couple of times into Butchers, Masons, and a few other random teams here and there, and while I'm picking up on some of the low level, I'm sure painfully obvious to anyone with eyes, strats and combos, I feel incredibly durdlely with them and the few points I've managed to put on the board have been sheer luck. I really wanna crack this nut, but I'm not sure where to start. 

What are you trying to do with them that's not working? Knowing how you've played can help us give better insight tailored ot you.

Between Fangtooth, Spigot, Harry, and Benny you should be able to scrum with anyone but Butchers reasonably well. Play for a 2-2 path to 12. Between Harry with Singled Out and Fangtooth knock down models and let Spigot clean up and you should be able to get 2 take outs with this squad. 

While I haven't had much practice with her, Brisket is a monster at scoring goals. Don't overlook her synergy with Benny's Impart Wisdom. You can increase the range of Route One from 6" to 12-13" if set up right and the full 6" jog won't necessarily engage you with the enemy. 

1 hour ago, riffbw said:

While I haven't had much practice with her, Brisket is a monster at scoring goals. Don't overlook her synergy with Benny's Impart Wisdom. You can increase the range of Route One from 6" to 12-13" if set up right and the full 6" jog won't necessarily engage you with the enemy. 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but "Impart Wisdom" only works if targeting friendly models with your plays.. 

It is however great for extending prides buff range or allowing Brisket to receive passes from the 8" kick stats of her team..

5 hours ago, Redmaw said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but "Impart Wisdom" only works if targeting friendly models with your plays.. 

It is however great for extending prides buff range or allowing Brisket to receive passes from the 8" kick stats of her team..

Actually, no. The Brisket trick works. 

14 minutes ago, TheBriarfox said:

The Brisket trick works. 

Actually, no. ;)

Impart Wisdom [6" Aura]

While within this aura, when a friendly model makes a Character Play that targets a friendly model, this model may be the origin model instead of the model making the Character Play.

Route One 

This model may make a jog directly towards target enemy model.

Yeah I'm wrong. I told you I haven't played Brisket much. She is still a monster at scoring though. I played against Rats last night, but we got cut short in turn 2 due to the store closing and trying to teach a few interested potential players about the game. Brisket got the only points with a Tackle Dodge into a screamer. 

Choose to Kick

Kick with Mist and leave within 6 inches of Brisket

Mist can then threaten the ball and score OR Brisket can switch up and score leaving Mist to threaten the kick out

Kick with Mist, Grace will speed him up. It'll be extremely hard to hide the ball.

Receive with sSpigot, he can dodge 2 other models forward with his heroic play. Also hard to hide the ball, can even try and get 2 goals turn 1 with sBrisket's Legendary play.