Sign in to follow this  
Matthias

Egret & Flurry question?

Hi all,

New to the forum and also new to Guild Ball, after my friends and I started playing a few games at the end of Season 3. I've a question about Egret's Season 4 card, and I hope this is the right place to ask it...

Egret - Flurry: Models within 2" of target enemy model suffer 2 DMG.

With the new wording, does this mean that the target itself does not suffer the 2 DMG? On the Season 3 card it clearly stated the damage the target and surrounding models received, but the wording of the Season 4 card strongly implies it is only the surrounding models within 2" that suffer 2 DMG.

thanks,

Matt

yes, everyone takes 2 pts of damage including friendly models and the model that was hit by Flurry.  And yes, it is possible for Egret to take damage as well.  But, only enemy models would take the poison damage.

16 minutes ago, Mako said:

I believe the target model is classed as within 2” of itself, so takes the damage. 

Also, welcome :)

Great, thank you for clearing that up :)

It's a little confusing. Understand that it works that way with Auras and Pulses, and the rules define that interaction, etc, but this seemed a little different as it doesn't say, "Models within a 2" Pulse of target enemy model suffer 2 DMG.", while the closest I could find that seemed relevant for measuring from a models base was, "a model is never within its own melee zone."

And thank you! For making a great game, with what seems to be a lovely community (been lurking for a bit).

12 minutes ago, mr baron said:

yes, everyone takes 2 pts of damage including friendly models and the model that was hit by Flurry.  And yes, it is possible for Egret to take damage as well.  But, only enemy models would take the poison damage.

Great! Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

This is actually very useful if for example a opponent is keeping one of your own players at 1/2 health to kill at the start of the next turn to deny you the player for the turn. Have egret flurry the opposing model, which will kill your model.

It denies them the ability to get any momentum next turn from the take out & means yuh will have your player on the pitch next turn to do what you want with. Not exactly what it’s designed but a situational use which can be a big deal.