Sign in to follow this  
dwhite87

Rat's Off to Ya, a S4 Article

For me the standard team is as follows and I’m not sure when/if I would change it.

Piper

Squeak

vet Graves

Scourge

Miasma

Skulk

an argument could be made for bonesaw Vs Skulk but I just don’t think he bring enough to justify it.

Mom tackle on 1, mom <> on 2, Meditation + 8‘‘ kick, Stamina and Swift Wind are really good arguments for Bonesaw. He has a quite good Kick Off pressure and immense goal thread range.

Since we‘ve lost Snackdigger and have to focus on goalscoring, he‘s in in every game for me!

Most of the times I go with

Piper

Squeak

Miasma

Scourge

VGraves

Bonesaw

On 10/31/2018 at 11:59 AM, Mantanza said:

For me the standard team is as follows and I’m not sure when/if I would change it.

Piper

Squeak

vet Graves

Scourge

Miasma

Skulk

an argument could be made for bonesaw Vs Skulk but I just don’t think he bring enough to justify it.

This is what I am running most of the time. I think there is an argument for flexing between Skulk against footballing teams and Bonesaw against beaty ones, but Skulk's increased kick and easier KD means I'm taking him more often than not. Bonesaw is great now though.

I can't think of a time I'd not kick off with Piper.

16 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

I can't think of a time I'd not kick off with Piper.

There are sometimes I am not that super keen on kicking with Piper. Some teams can pass dodge a beater model forward early and force Piper to activate (and I am loathe to activate Piper early T1), or if they have ranged control plays. Or if I just feel that the opponents team have no super great ball holders to stop Bonesaw. 

In those cases I rather kick with Bonesaw, and put some pressure with him, and if it doesn't work out or he is threatened I can happily just reposition with him, since Piper can still make Scourge/Pelage threaten basically the whole board with reverie, so I still have stuff to do. Piper can cover a lot of ground himself too if need be with melody. 

4 on Bonesaw, 6 on Piper and 3 on Scourge is a pretty normal Bonesaw kick off allocation for me and it keeps the opponent guessing. 

so would you rather kick off or receive if you have the choice? i know get the feeling, that kicking is better? or depends on enemy? fighter = kick // football = receive ?

I have no super strict rules. I like to receive against ranged teams like engineers/hunters to at least get to dictate something. Or like against butchers who can either just store the ball on brisket. But Piper in general is very good at intercepting opposing strikers since his threat on the ball is very long. 

Rats don't have a lot of super good control effects against a good kicker. So like thresher I don't really mind kicking either. 

Last activation against smoke is also pretty good I think, to keep her a bit more honest. 

If I am unsure I just choose receive. But I agree that it is pretty close in general. And I mostly go by gut feeling. 

You can also vary the kick off by kicking with either Bonesaw or Piper.