Sign in to follow this  
dwhite87

S4 Fishermen Article

I pretty much agree with everything in there with the exception of Horizon and a bit of what was said about Corsair. I personally was seeing Fathom as more of a direct Angel replacement but I can see the thinking behind vSiren as being a better alternative for Angel in the match ups you would think to use her.

Horizon is easier to take out than most mascots (he is only Def 3+ Arm 1) and to do his thing has to return to a dangetrous area of the pitch meaning that although he may only give up 1VP when taken out but he will be reliably taken out multiple times in the game with minimal opponent resource usage. That said I can see him being put on the roster for certain match ups ahead of Jac, Angel and Salt because they are far more niche than Horizon is.

As to Corsair, I personally dont think he is a 2-2 game plan captain, instead I think he is an initial 3-0 that can more readily switch to 2-2 if the opportunity arises.

Think about that  : If your opponent play second, he can difficultly put his comming back player into the 9-11 of Horizon comming back. If he does, it is probably another TO. And if you play second, you can probably find a spot where Horizon is quite safe and menacing the newly entered player. Meaning your opponent have to play it first or concede a TO. If your opponent don't take him out ... well he is a thorn in his feet. And a quite fast one.

I maid 2 game against farmer this week end with Corsair. Made 0-6 and 1-4. I didn't played any Navigators, since they are not their yet. But I'm not sur how  have marking 3 goal with corasiar as a primary plan. I go more for 1-4, being able to do anything.

I'm surprised they didn't mention the Fathom/Angel linked combo. 
I've regularly faced linked Honour/Harmony and found it to be fairly powerful. 

I'm still not sure how and when to play Corsair... but then I just picked him up and I've been playing Shark for at least a couple of years. 

Well, that combo is pretty obvious, and not as powerfull as the Honour harmony for many reasons.Fathom is not a captain, and angel is quite slower than Harmony. Fathom can't boost Angel. Angel and Fathom can difficultly go for damages if the goal fades out. So you use two stryker doing the job of one, one of them being pretty bad at everything except shot. Also, I think they don't mention Navigators except to they exist as competitors. No strategy about them.

About Corsair. I think you can use him most of the time when your opponent don't have too much push (so Chaska en seenah are quite dangerous... Butyou can manage them). And you can play on the side of the pitch. He has mostly the same match as before and can still be played as a hard control captain.