Sign in to follow this  
Petepe

Wreckers New Battering Ram

So I was thinking about eh change to wreckers rollberball realizing it could give the entire Masons team a free 2" push turn one if you bunch everyone up, and for just one influence you could spread them out a little more. This also extends Flints already ridiculous goal threat range to 31" with Superior Strategy, 26" without (5" jog, 8" dash, 4" pass n move, 4" where'd they go, 2" push from wrecker, 8" kick). 

I think now isa pretty good pick vs teams that want to stay far from us or to just push hammer in the first tour for extra threat range. In mi opinion i'll try it vs a couple of teams, specially because it works without influence. A good option aswell i think is to play it vs teams like Falconers to put out players from the harriet.

21 hours ago, Petepe said:

So I was thinking about eh change to wreckers rollberball realizing it could give the entire Masons team a free 2" push turn one if you bunch everyone up, and for just one influence you could spread them out a little more. This also extends Flints already ridiculous goal threat range to 31" with Superior Strategy, 26" without (5" jog, 8" dash, 4" pass n move, 4" where'd they go, 2" push from wrecker, 8" kick). 

It's higher if you really want to get all those passes off.

2 - Wrecker uses Battering Ram
4 - Pass the ball to Flint and dodge
8 - Flint Sprints
4 - Flint passes and Dodges
2 - Honour Quick Times Flint
4 - Pass the ball to Flint
8 - Flint Sprints
4 - Where did they go
8 - Flint Shoots and scores
44 inches

But even without any dodges from passing that's 32 inches.
And the Battering Ram trick has been done by many a Blacksmiths players with Iron starting just behind the deployment line.

Flint has an excellent goal threat with Honour even without those 2 extra inches. I'm more thrilled about what it in combination with v.Harmony does to Hammers threat range. Nudge him 2" with Wrecker, use Marked Target and watch Hammer Threat 14 Inches from the deployment line with Iron Fist and Tooled up. Might not even need to pay for the extra movement.

3 hours ago, Manchu said:

I think now isa pretty good pick vs teams that want to stay far from us or to just push hammer in the first tour for extra threat range. In mi opinion i'll try it vs a couple of teams, specially because it works without influence. A good option aswell i think is to play it vs teams like Falconers to put out players from the harriet.

Using the push on Hammer will use up his Stoic though, so you will have to be careful of counter-attacks that you would not normally worry about.

1 hour ago, Jotnebane said:

It's higher if you really want to get all those passes off.

2 - Wrecker uses Battering Ram
4 - Pass the ball to Flint and dodge
8 - Flint Sprints
4 - Flint passes and Dodges
2 - Honour Quick Times Flint
4 - Pass the ball to Flint
8 - Flint Sprints
4 - Where did they go
8 - Flint Shoots and scores
44 inches

But even without any dodges from passing that's 32 inches.
And the Battering Ram trick has been done by many a Blacksmiths players with Iron starting just behind the deployment line.

Flint has an excellent goal threat with Honour even without those 2 extra inches. I'm more thrilled about what it in combination with v.Harmony does to Hammers threat range. Nudge him 2" with Wrecker, use Marked Target and watch Hammer Threat 14 Inches from the deployment line with Iron Fist and Tooled up. Might not even need to pay for the extra movement.

That's a good point, I feel like Wrecker push is going to open up a lot of fun plays.I think it should synergize well with the new Granite as well. It's just a little more bait to tempt me away from the double bubble.

2 hours ago, Falkman said:

Using the push on Hammer will use up his Stoic though, so you will have to be careful of counter-attacks that you would not normally worry about.

That is a very relevant point, had not considered that at all.

LOL! 

Steamforged designer "Okay! You Masons are now on autopilot with that double bubble, time to shake things up!"

I often said that playing Masons was like playing two different teams depending on if you used a game clock. Start up the clock and the double bubble did a lot of work for you. As a causal game when the opponent had all the time in the world, it bit tougher. 

1 hour ago, Von Ether said:

LOL! 

Steamforged designer "Okay! You Masons are now on autopilot with that double bubble, time to shake things up!"

I often said that playing Masons was like playing two different teams depending on if you used a game clock. Start up the clock and the double bubble did a lot of work for you. As a causal game when the opponent had all the time in the world, it bit tougher. 

Yea without the clock the bubble is good, but not nearly as game changing. It will be interesting to see how the change to Bricks range really changes the bubbles clock effect. There are definitely more spots you can hide but it will still take a lot of measuring.