Sign in to follow this  
LastWalter

Status Update: Free Cities

Which player(s) should we select from the Draft?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which player(s) should we select from the Draft?

• Amber
    • Champ
    • Cutlass
    • Edge
    • Flea
    • Gaffer
    • Kami
    • Knuckles
    • Layne
    • Nomad

It's a good move now that we've seen the season 4 Fisherman. I don't think Shark needs anymore help. He has plenty of tools to help his game. Now that Corsair's game has changed, I think he is going to need some help, but I can't articulate how. Not going to bother to vote on this one until more discussion is opened up. 

Out: Cutlass, Kami, Edge, Nomad, Layne, Flea

In: Amber, Champ, Knuckles

Unsure: Gaffer

Even though Cutlass is fluffie, there is no reason for either captain to have a goalie. Although I think a Fish goalie would be the best iteration the game has seen. We already have good wingers, so no room for Edge or Nomad. Plenty of strikers so no room for Layne. We already have plenty of interactions with mascots so Flea loses appeal. 

I feel like Amber, Champ, and Knuckles make good buddies for Corsair. I don't see why Gaffer would be horrible.Out of all of them, Amber makes the most sense to supplement Corsair. 

So after tag teaming Corsair and Kraken I'm pretty content with their collective brawling output so the support I think they need is less actively doing things and more quality of life, momentum/influence efficiency and healing etc and the reliable capacity to move the ball out to the main goal threats. To me that is means some sort of attacking midfielder which is why I like the idea of Champ.

Gaffer could be a thing as well and I see the point with Amber but I suspect the Farmers will take her easily.

For now I would go Champ unless we see something in the fluff that indicates all round attacking piece.

10 hours ago, Banjulhu said:

So after tag teaming Corsair and Kraken I'm pretty content with their collective brawling output so the support I think they need is less actively doing things and more quality of life, momentum/influence efficiency and healing etc and the reliable capacity to move the ball out to the main goal threats. To me that is means some sort of attacking midfielder which is why I like the idea of Champ.

Gaffer could be a thing as well and I see the point with Amber but I suspect the Farmers will take her easily.

For now I would go Champ unless we see something in the fluff that indicates all round attacking piece.

Yes, Amber is highly contested. This is as good enough reason to go Champ who I also like. 

For those still on the Cutlass train - wouldn't it be sweet to take Champ away from the Butchers after they took Gutter from us? It's not like it's completely cemented in malice. Champ would be useful for us. The revenge is just icing.