Sign in to follow this  
Thirft

Traveling with Terrain?

Hello,

I've been trying to bring my hand painted terrain with me to local hobby shops to play with friends and what not but I have a cardboard box to hold them. I'm pretty sure them jostling around will end up with them scratched and damaged. I was wondering if you guys bring terrain to places where you play and if you do how do you transport it?

Try adding some foam to the box to stop the pieces from rattling around. I also use a cardboard box to transport my terrain around, but pack it to stop it from moving around in the box

I have started painting some 3D terrain and I got a comic box and miniatures foam to put the models in. The standard (not battlefoam) sized foam fits down perfectly into a comic short box. If you want a bit more room on the sides of the box you can get a magazine sized short box for the foam.

I bring the plastic terrain from the Mason/Brewer box plus the other pieces from plastic sets. Havent had any chipping at all for those pieces. If its more custom terrain you've made, more upkeep will be needed. Its pretty full and now I have enough to cover two games for my local group when we meet.

I have magnetised quite a bit of my terrain, and the rest is mounted on cork tile, so is pretty flat and solid. Then it's a case of stick it to the inside of a biscuit tin, shove in some left-over lumps of foam from KR trays to protect them, and stick it in my bag (my tin fits flat on top of my KR half case and Wolves Glade tournie tray in my bag, which is nice).

More details in my terrain plog, Terrain Tales, and picture of tin from the plog below. Crates on right have magnets in the bottom so they stick to the sides as well, the brick wall on the left is mounted on magnetic strips, which were about the width of the bricks, so perfect). I have a few more pieces now that sit on top of the forest base (muddy patch and a chicken coop, both based on cork) with the space filled with the foam.

UJtuRh9.jpg