Lumpyseven

Does Burnish ignore Windfinder's trait?

Hello! Let's imagine Iron has the ball, and is stood next to s4 Burnish OR season 3 captain Burnish who has popped legendary (wording on Reinforced Plating is the same). Windfinder targets and hits Iron with Eye Spy, and Iron chooses to use Burnish's Reinforced Plating rule to ignore it.

It states 'When this model is hit by a successful enemy character play, this model may pay 1 MP to ignore all damage and effects of the Character Play'.

Windfinders trait Stormwind says 'When this model hits an enemy model with a Character Play, the enemy model suffers the knocked down condition'.

As the condition is hit, does this mean that even though Eye Spy's effects are ignored, Iron would still suffer the Knockdown and scatter the ball?

Wasn't it ruled that Glutenous Mass Resilience prevents Momentous Inspiration from triggering even though they are both triggered by a hit?  I assume the same applies here and Reinforced Plating would negate the KD.

I think there's still a slight difference: with Resilience the whole character play is ignored (as if it didn't happen at all), Reinforced Plating ignores only its effects. 

So yes, I agree that the model would still get KD.

This should be cleared up in the S4 rulebook but Reinforced Plating (or similar abilities) cause the effects of the Character Play to be ignored.  They do not cause the effects of a Character Trait associated with a Character Play to be ignored.

In the example above Eye Spy hits Iron, which is Ignored due to Reinforced Plating. As Eye Spy has still hit Iron, Stormwind triggers and Iron is knocked down.

11 minutes ago, MechMage said:

Does Vitriol's Clone work the same way?  Would she be knocked down as well if her play negated Windfinder's Eye Spy?

No, because Clone works like Glut mass/Resilience, it ignored the entire attack/play.