Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shojo

Free cities update

Recommended Posts

Mates what’s going on? We’re gonna lose amber if we keep playing this way. Do people not want her or what? Cause if we do we need to play games. Otherwise she’s gonna be a freaking farmer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played and registered more than one game per day however the community are out to get us as a spiteful reaction to finally getting a "good" player and some potential main story fluff..

At this point we may aswell be a minor guild, I'm pretty much done with the whole thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Redmaw said:

I've played and registered more than one game per day however the community are out to get us as a spiteful reaction to finally getting a "good" player and some potential main story fluff..

At this point we may aswell be a minor guild, I'm pretty much done with the whole thing...

Don't give up, mate.  We've been through the wringer before and come out on top!  Just keep reporting.  I'm going to keep pushing, too, and I know others will.  Maybe it's time to reach out to the Union?  We could "owe them one" come the next narrative event, if they help us now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the people fighting for their top choice (even if it isn´t Amber); Keep up the good work! :D And remember, if the results of the free city campaign isn´t to your liking, the fluff behind it will probably be good anyhow. Most of the Brewers want Amber, but if that doesn´t happen, then just look at it this way: For some reason, mechanisms beyond the Brewers control played a hand in her getting exiled, and they wanted to keep it that way. Maybe there´s more behind it? We don´t even know why she´s exiled in the first place, so this opens up possibilities of good fluff no matter how it goes. Maybe she comes back as a veteran player at somepoint, and that might be even better! 

The community doesn´t "owe it" to Brewers to let us get Amber, and if they want to spend all this time and energy keeping her away from us, then thats just how it´s gonna be. If they´re doing it solely because they hate what vDeci did to them, then I think thats a poor reason, but we´re just gonna have to deal with it. And honestly, there are some who are overly vocal about Amber being a #Brewer to the point of being annoying to the rest of the community, so it´s not that hard to see why we ended up in this position. That might just be my opinion though, so don´t take it the wrong way. There might be other people like me who´s kinda burned out on Brewers at the moment not logging games, so that might also be a part of this puzzle. I´m gonna throw in some Falconer games in Amber´s favour! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Frepet said:

To the people fighting for their top choice (even if it isn´t Amber); Keep up the good work! :D And remember, if the results of the free city campaign isn´t to your liking, the fluff behind it will probably be good anyhow. Most of the Brewers want Amber, but if that doesn´t happen, then just look at it this way: For some reason, mechanisms beyond the Brewers control played a hand in her getting exiled, and they wanted to keep it that way. Maybe there´s more behind it? We don´t even know why she´s exiled in the first place, so this opens up possibilities of good fluff no matter how it goes. Maybe she comes back as a veteran player at somepoint, and that might be even better! 

The community doesn´t "owe it" to Brewers to let us get Amber, and if they want to spend all this time and energy keeping her away from us, then thats just how it´s gonna be. If they´re doing it solely because they hate what vDeci did to them, then I think thats a poor reason, but we´re just gonna have to deal with it. And honestly, there are some who are overly vocal about Amber being a #Brewer to the point of being annoying to the rest of the community, so it´s not that hard to see why we ended up in this position. That might just be my opinion though, so don´t take it the wrong way. There might be other people like me who´s kinda burned out on Brewers at the moment not logging games, so that might also be a part of this puzzle. I´m gonna throw in some Falconer games in Amber´s favour! :)

I like this way of looking at things, but I'm gonna keep reporting in hopes of swinging the tide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BigRed said:

I played my first game in ages last night with brewers beating morticians. Who should is pick? Thanks

If you are still submitting games anyway, it's probably worth dropping them on Amber in case the union change their Farmers votes to Nomad or Flea in a double switch..

Stranger things have happened..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys dropping them reports for Amber? ;) Two so far from me, when the S4 Brewers get uploaded surely more will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DrunkTexan said:

Ive been dropping every game I can get into Knuckles. I really don't want to get stuck with Cutlass if the Farmers end up getting Amber.

I'm hoping today's reveal will make Farmers realise they "need" another striker and not Amber.. Union seem obessed with screwing us over though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, I've been trying to stay out of this, but I can't stand by and see Amber go to the Famers without a fight. And what's with this defeatist attitude? There's still plenty of time to get the votes in. Don't let the Union, who have become the Russian trolls of the Free Cities Draft, from achieving their petty goals. Perhaps it's time to start negotiations...

And don't the Butchers owe the Brewers, at least a little bit, for helping them win vGutter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 12:25 AM, landstander said:

Don't let the Union, who have become the Russian trolls of the Free Cities Draft, from achieving their petty goals. Perhaps it's time to start negotiations...

And don't the Butchers owe the Brewers, at least a little bit, for helping them win vGutter?

I can't agree enough with both of these sentiments.  One of the Union players I know actually apologized to me the other day for their community being such a bunch of jerks to us.

As far as the Butchers go...sure, it'd be nice, but I'm not counting on them at this point.

The big problem with the Free Cities Draft concept is that SFG has told us to "negotiate" with the Union/Minor Guilds, but we have no currency with which to negotiate.  What are we supposed to offer them in return?  Our good will?  The idea of the FCD is amazing, but without something for the guilds to use to try to entice each other to support their cause, it's pretty much down to player pettiness and or preference, and there's not much that can sway that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×