Sign in to follow this  
EpicChris

Gluttonous Mass and Combined Results

It's the end of S3 and after 4 years I really should know this, but I realised the other day I am unsure. And searching brought up 10+ pages so clearly my search-fu is weak.

Anyway two questions on same topic:

Scenario 1: Rundaas is engaging Decimate1 and manages to hit column 6 and picks 2 DMG & GB. The GB he chooses is Dirty Knives and he targets Fangtooth (who has Glutt Mass up). What happens? Does Decimate still take 2 dmg and Glutt Mass pops and I generate 1 momentum? Or does targetting Fangtooth negate the whole attack so Decimate takes no damage, Glutt Mass pops and I generate no momentum?

Scenario 2: Minerva is engaging Decimate1 and manages to wrap to column 1. She picks momentous 3 from column 5 and momentous Eye Spy from column 1 and targets Fangtooth (Glutt Mass was up). What happens? Does Decimate take 3 damage, Glutt Mass pops, and I gain 1-2 momentum. Or nothing happens to Decimate, Glutt Mass pops and I generate nothing.

Ta muchly.

From the collected clarifications:

Character Play Playbook Result:GB::GBGB::- The result is to trigger a character play. If the result is a momentous result and the effects of the character play are invalid or can be ignored by the target model, the attacking model still gains a momentum as the effect of the result (the play being triggered) has not been ignored.

Scenario 1: Decimate takes 2 DMG, you gain 1 MOM, Gluttonous mass triggers which ignores the Character Play.

Scenario 2: Decimate takes 3 DMG, you gain 2 MOM, Gluttonous Mass triggers which ignores the Character Play.