Sign in to follow this  
Bertmac

WTC Representation

Just had a look at the WTC tables and see brewers were represented more than all but fish and union. Also 5 of the top 8 teams had brewers players. Is this down to how competitive Decimate has made us?

Just to give a better representation:

• Pawel Korpal (#1 Brewer in the world) went 5-0
  • 6 Brewers went 4-1
  • 5 Brewers went 3-2
  • 1 went 2-3, 1 went 1-4, 1 went 0-5

This means that 80% of the Brewers went home with a positive winrate, 47% even with 4 or more wins. Statistically, ~3.2 wins per player. I'd say yes, veteran Decimate certainly makes Brewers a competitive Guild.

But don't forget, after October 13th Season 4 hits and the Guild's strength has to be reiterated. We can basically only say that Brewers was a late S3 powerhouse.

Also, just to give some perspective:

• Out of Fish, 2 went 5-0, 4 went 4-1, 3 went 3-2, 1 went 2-3, 9 went 1-4 and 3 went 0-5.
  • Out of Union, 0 went 5-0, 6 went 4-1, 7 went 3-2, 2 went 2-3, 3 went 1-4 and 0 went 0-5.

Statistically, Brewers outperformed Union (~2.9 wins per player), and totally obliterated Fishermen (~2.1 wins per player).

I've not checked other Guilds, but I'd hazard that Brewers will be somewhere at the top.

My result is a bit skewed because I played 3x against Engineers who are believed to have a really bad matchup against Brewers and it is my most played matchup. 

The funny thing is that Brewers were really competetive even before vDecimate. Out of all my 35 games with Brewers on Longshanks, only 15 are post Decimate  and all together I have 3 losses registered. The problem never was with the overall power of the Guild but how demanding it was. DeciEsters just made the guild broken.

On the other hand, since Decimate's release you a) played with the same 5 players + flex and b) lost only once, when you decided to make a point and play without Deci.

8 minutes ago, Celary said:

On the other hand, since Decimate's release you a) played with the same 5 players + flex and b) lost only once, when you decided to make a point and play without Deci.

I regularly play games without vDecimate, I don't think she is as game breaking as the Internet echo chamber would have you believe and takes over a third of the teams influence per turn to get serious work done..

I have found she's a great distraction as people go out their way to fight her it run as far away as possible..

3 hours ago, Redmaw said:

I regularly play games without vDecimate, I don't think she is as game breaking as the Internet echo chamber would have you believe and takes over a third of the teams influence per turn to get serious work done..

Well then you might not be getting the most out of her. Also correct me if I'm wrong, don't you play mainly Tapper? Because it is true she isn't all that amazing in a Tapper team. It's Esters that turns her into a monster.

5 minutes ago, Edek said:

Well then you might not be getting the most out of her. Also correct me if I'm wrong, don't you play mainly Tapper? Because it is true she isn't all that amazing in a Tapper team. It's Esters that turns her into a monster.

I'm aware that would probably be the case, but it seems that people are to easy to point out her potential strengths and ignore her obvious weaknesses..

13 minutes ago, Redmaw said:

I'm aware that would probably be the case, but it seems that people are to easy to point out her potential strengths and ignore her obvious weaknesses..

That's indeed how people tend to view stuff; on the other hand Steamforged have confirmed in their blog that they've conciously made VetDecimate too strong to give the guild a boost.

I agree with Edek that with Esters as a captain she's very strong in S3; one of the reasons my Tapper didn't see much playtime at the WTC. Really looking forward to the reveal of the S4 cards to see what changes VetDecimate en the guild will get

Well I haven't lost a ranked game with her on the pitch and I feel a definite change in many matchups since her release and countering her isn't as easy as you suggest. Maybe it's down to playstyle but for me she made the guild broken AF :P can't wait to see how things have changed

15 minutes ago, TheDutchGuy said:

Steamforged have confirmed in their blog that they've conciously made VetDecimate too strong to give the guild a boost.

I thought they said they made her on the higher end of the guilds power curve to give them a boost, I guess it could be interpenetrated differently though

7 minutes ago, Edek said:

countering her isn't as easy as you suggest. Maybe it's down to playstyle but for me she made the guild broken AF

tbh, that is probably the case, while I don't play many top level competitive games I can't say I have had any problems playing without her or playing against her.. She added a lot of utility which I think the guild was (and until Tuesday still is) missing, but I think calling the guild "broken AF" is going a little far..

Honestly, I think they have already neutered a lot of her potential by burying Esters and removing "Tooled Up" from oSpigs but I am interested to see how the rest of the changes play out, even if it does result in me shelving the guild I've played since s1..