Nykolae

S4 Masons complete spoiler

Hoping they are going to be viewable/downloadable like GB Tonight did, as I have an event on the 13th and I don't think the card pack will arrive in time...

Having looked at the Union and the Engineers I'm kind of underwhelmed. It's not that I expected them to have lots of changes but knowing that the Masons are one of the guild with the least changes I don't expect much from tomorrows reveal.

What do they need to do?

• o.Chisel will get fixed, but probably nothing that changes her to much so probably playbook changes and maybe the number of hit points Painful Rage triggers on.
  • Hammer will need his 0-point CPs sorted out and we know that Iron Fist costs 1 inf now and that he goes from a 4/5 to a 4/6 inf model. I'm guessing his move gets adjusted or he gets a trait that fixes it. I doubt that they will give him a straight up increase in kick dice.
  • Honour's Legendary will need a rewording. I think they have found a way to let her still give out Inf to the whole team, but no other changes.

The rest, except Granite, might not see anything big at all.

• Mallet has lost his momKD and I've seen speculation that he will get Powerful Charge, the same trait the Sledge gets, for KD on charges with damage.
  • Tower will keep his Tooled Up.
  • Wrecker will get Battering Ram and can push friendly guild models as well.

Anything you folks expect to happen?

The two who mainly needed changes were oChisel and Granite, and we know the latter got a nice rework.

I expect Chisel to get a pretty big rework actually, considering what they said about unused traits and plays. Besides Crazy none of the traits or plays of Chisel really have an impact whenever I play her.

But besides those two plus Wrecker Masons got a pretty good internal balance, so for the rest I expect mainly wording and global changes but nothing too deep.

I, for one, would be happy if no models change besides oChisel and the necessary changes on Hammer, Honour to fit the S4 rules. :)

I'm pretty sure Lucky's Raise the Stakes will be reworked, and, as per given in the Brewers blog, he will get a heroic play.

My guess with Hammer is that he'll keep all his plays, but he'll have to buy them himself. This way, it's easier for him to go solo, away from the pack, but it's less efficient to put up all the buffs, so you'll have to choose.

In my mind, Masons don't really have an auto-include model, so I'm not expecting major nerfs.

1 hour ago, Nykolae said:

My guess with Hammer is that he'll keep all his plays, but he'll have to buy them himself. This way, it's easier for him to go solo, away from the pack, but it's less efficient to put up all the buffs, so you'll have to choose.

I kind of hope Hammer will have some other way of getting that extra move and improved Kick.

He's getting 4/6 Inf in S4, but he often used 7 Inf in S3 so if all three buffing CPs are cost 1 inf he can't perform as well as he does now.

Oh noes, they are going to bring out the nerfhammer. 😢

Now, if they give him Powerful Charge like Sledge got now, that would up his damage output quite a bit.

But No, I don't expect any big nerfs. 
I guess Tower and v.Harmony will get their AOE ranges changed. We know Marked Target is 10" in S4. 
If nothing changes on Wrecker except Ramming speed getting changed into Battering Ram then he's buffed. That 2" nudge forward of your whole team at the start of T1 can do a lot for the Masons.

No matter what the changes are I'm looking forward to playing Hammer, Wrecker, Mallet, Brick, Granite and Chisel just to know what it's like to have a lot of 2" models.

Looks really great. Right now I don´t see a dud among them yet.

Most players are functionally or entirely the same. Even Hammer, who maybe got a slight nerf in that he lost one attack of he fully buffs himself, but in turn gained a permanent kick dice.

A few more subtle things I noticed:

Honour gained a generated influence.

Mallet´s Forefull Blow doesn´t require to damage with the charge attack, only to make a successfull attack.

Knockback doesn´t affect plays anymore (not that it mattered since Tower lost Shutout)

Loved Creature might trigger even on a parting blow? No more mention of advances in the text.

The big changes are obviously Granite, oChisel, Wrecker and Vet Harmony.

Granit we saw before.

oChisel finally deserves the title of glas cannon. Native Tac 6 and 5 long playbook with the usual Mason damage spread and Iron Fist, which she can use for both influence or momentum. And she became better at kicking and gained 1 HP.

Wrecker is in permanent Roller Ball mode, but can still attack. Lost "That´s not the ball", which was a fun trait but rarely if ever mattered. Also Battering Ram, but that we knew allready.

VetHarmony now truly is an attacking midfielder. Mom 2 on 2 mean she can do decent fighting, and Field Medic means she cleans conditions while doing so. Also gained 2 HP.

So yeah, really great. I think we are in a good spot in season 4.

Edit: Missed that Brick lost 2" reach. Well, I suppose we couldn´t get away with only buffs.

8 hours ago, Jotnebane said:

No matter what the changes are I'm looking forward to playing Hammer, Wrecker, Mallet, Brick, Granite and Chisel just to know what it's like to have a lot of 2" models.

Brick loses his 2" melee :(

Overall super happy with the changes.  Not sure why Brick had to lose the 2" melee.  Now with Granite with 2" and a much better character, Brick is probably going to be replaced, even with double counter-charge.

vHarmony seems SO interesting now.  Masons can get up to +2 DMG (Assist Chisel, Tooled Up), so vHarmony doing 4 damage on 2 and clearing conditions everywhere?  DAMN!!!

Good job SFG!

1 minute ago, kryzak said:

vHarmony seems SO interesting now.  Masons can get up to +2 DMG (Assist Chisel, Tooled Up), so vHarmony doing 4 damage on 2 and clearing conditions everywhere?  DAMN!!!

And then you have the Hammer Legendary for a total of +3 damage if you really want to do a lot of setup.

51 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

And then you have the Hammer Legendary for a total of +3 damage if you really want to do a lot of setup.

Oh shoot, I forgot about that one!  HOLY CRAP 5 damage on 2....  

3 hours ago, kryzak said:

Oh shoot, I forgot about that one!  HOLY CRAP 5 damage on 2....  

...and not at all hugely telegraphed 😉

The changes are looking pretty interesting so far. I can see why Brick is 1" melee (even with that, the double-counter charge is still a good option, but 1" melee will make people think more carefully about Granite and Mallet in that slot, also making Wrecker a more appealing option) - basically he's been brought down a bit to stop him being an auto-include (which he always has been for me since Go Ape!). Really interested in oChisel - would love to see her with Hammer and Tower, but might be overkill, and you'd still need a battery (Brick). Mallet's change to Forceful Charge brings him back up a little, as vChisel has outclassed him rather, and I think Lucky is getting dropped for vHarmony (Field Medic is awesome - as long as you have targets in 4"...)

Me and a friend just noticed that Superior Strategy, Honour’s legendary, and Loved creature are all just ”friendly model” now so they work with Union models! Could combo real nice with Minx.

18 hours ago, Falkman said:

Me and a friend just noticed that Superior Strategy, Honour’s legendary, and Loved creature are all just ”friendly model” now so they work with Union models! Could combo real nice with Minx.

2 free furious charges in one turn?

4 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

2 free furious charges in one turn?

Yeah, and if you use your legendary as well you could potentielly have two inf on her both activations!

Just now, Falkman said:

Yeah, and if you use your legendary as well you could potentielly have two inf on her both activations!

Or you can have vChisel around to help with that.

1 minute ago, Jotnebane said:

Or you can have vChisel around to help with that.

That also works, but I think I would take oChisel with Honour most of the time.