Sign in to follow this  
SaiBowen

Starting in S4

Hi all,

Question that has been asked a million times, I am sure.  I have been hovering over the game for a while, but recently found out an old WM/H buddy is diving in, so I am going to go in with him.  I am looking at Fish primarily (maybe even going straight to Navs), but I wanted to get some feedback.

1) If I went Fish instead of Navs, which of the two starter boxes is better out of the box?  I am guessing Shark given what I think I understand about the Momentum changes between S3 and S4 and Corsair losing access to Union models?

2) Do you still think there is a reasonable 2-2 game with Fish compared to how Corsair used to play?

I don't want to be in a position, new in the game, where certain matchups totally shut me down.  I like (on paper at least) a lot of what Navigators are doing, but if I can't play the slippery fish game (and honestly, I have no clue how easy / common that is to shut down), how rough is trying to move to a 2-2 win condition going to be?

At 8th octobre we Know more about corsaires 2/2 game. We will loose all mom. damage, just corsaire will get mom. for take outs. I think the 2/2 game will be still possible, but we want generate Lot of Momentum over damage and take outs. 

No one will know until we see all the S4 changes if Corsair’s 2-2 game will be as easy as it is now. As for starter boxes you will just have to wait and see, Shark’s box will be a sure thing because he is all about the 3-0 game the Fish aim for while Corsair gives you the option for 2-2. I wouldn’t worry about getting “shut down” because there is no captain in this game that can be shut out like that. At most some captains have easier match ups into certain guilds.

The Fish starting boxes also have the strange problem in that two players are sort of out of place. Kraken has no business being in a Shark footballing team (season 3 thinking admittedly) and Jac should be in the box that Salt is in.

As mentioned above however we just don't know what the Fish will look like in Season 4. We know that they want both Captains to be 3-0 focused with Corsair in theory having tools to do a 2-2 backup plan (this could be in the same vein as Butchers being able to do a 2-2 game, ie entirely possible but so back breaking you wont ever bother).

Corsair's change of focus does however mean that we likely will see changes to Kraken and oSakana on top of vSiren's we already know about.

On the Shark side of the team its even trickier to know what will be. There are changes that could/should be made (Stagger will hopefully die and be forever forgotten about). Angel has at least one known change on the way (also sadly confirmed to remain a 1" melee however). There is the vague hope that Shark's team will pick up some more tools to enable his 3-0 plan because as has been said since Season 1 he is extremely one dimensional and as time has progressed there has been more and more tools added to the game to counter direct attacking football.

40 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

and Jac should be in the box that Salt is in.

Also S3 thinking. For all we know ”Get over here” could be moved to another model in the guild, or been removed completely.

@SaiBowen, I think the best advice we can offer is wait 7 days and then come back here for the regular fish posters to do their hot takes, moan about Kraken and start the usual argument of which mascot will be better.

4 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

@SaiBowen, I think the best advice we can offer is wait 7 days and then come back here for the regular fish posters to do their hot takes, moan about Kraken and start the usual argument of which mascot will be better.

I agree, seven days is not a long time to wait, so much better to just see what everything does before ordering any models.

Kraken is going to see the pitch a lot with Corsair though I think.

Bit late to the party, but I would probably suggest ordering the Navigators box from your LGS to get the alt Horizon..

From there you can pick up the metal (or resin) "Shark" box which gives you two fieldable 8 player guilds to try things out with..