Wolfy of the Abyss

Old Iron King Painted

Thank you! I mostly said that because I was affraid someone who'd been doing it for years would be like 'but you left out that key thing that we all do...'

The only thing I've really painted before this was the core set and some of my brothers warhammer, but I absolutely love it, possibly more than playing it (but not by much). I watched a bunch of online tutorials and stuff, like for this guy the first thing I searched was how to paint fire!

I painted the main body first and then it looked like it was missing something, so the hand almost didn't happen! I'm glad you like it, although I must admit some of that is just the light.

My whole weekend is going to be painting I think. Asylumn Demon next.

If anyone ever tells you “you left out something we all do”, tell them they’re a jerk because there’s nothing that we all do the same :D

That’s some lovely painting, even more so with you being fairly fresh to it!

Will be great to see more of your efforts :)

9 hours ago, Wolfy of the Abyss said:

Thank you! I mostly said that because I was affraid someone who'd been doing it for years would be like 'but you left out that key thing that we all do...'

The only thing I've really painted before this was the core set and some of my brothers warhammer, but I absolutely love it, possibly more than playing it (but not by much). I watched a bunch of online tutorials and stuff, like for this guy the first thing I searched was how to paint fire!

I painted the main body first and then it looked like it was missing something, so the hand almost didn't happen! I'm glad you like it, although I must admit some of that is just the light.

My whole weekend is going to be painting I think. Asylumn Demon next.

Nobody has the right to tell you that your work isn’t good. Advice is always helpful, but nobody is a master and there will always be room for improvement, that’s what makes his hobby so great! And for only painting for a short time, you’re on track for some great stuff. Research is so helpful, especially these days with so media and resources to guild us. YouTube and a few of my favorite painters patreon’s is how I get better. Look forward to seeing the rest of your models!