Lumpyseven

Ebb - Blessings of Old and Playbook Wrapping

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

Suppose oGutter charges Ebb and gets 6 net hits.  She chooses her momentous guild ball result to buy Scything Blow and on the wrap the momentous 1 playbook damage.  Carelessly, the Union player elects to resolve the Scything Blow first, dealing 2 damage to Ebb.  Then the playbook damage is applied and the damage is reduced to 0 by Bless of Old.  This damage result still generates momentum even though if it were reduced to 0 by a different trait, Tough Hide for example, it wouldn't?

49 minutes ago, Lumpyseven said:

@MechMage This is exactly what i was thinking - I don't play Navigators myself, but was asking for when I play against them. As the ruling was in my favour, I didn't question it :P

I thought all results were selected at once but are resolved one at a time at the attacker’s discretion. At the time of selection M1 was valid, unlike with tough hide where it negated. 

Edited: Sorry, just saw the “correctly answered” post; I didn’t mean to post afterward even if I’m in concurrence with it. 

20 hours ago, MechMage said:

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

Suppose oGutter charges Ebb and gets 6 net hits.  She chooses her momentous guild ball result to buy Scything Blow and on the wrap the momentous 1 playbook damage.  Carelessly, the Union player elects to resolve the Scything Blow first, dealing 2 damage to Ebb.  Then the playbook damage is applied and the damage is reduced to 0 by Bless of Old.  This damage result still generates momentum even though if it were reduced to 0 by a different trait, Tough Hide for example, it wouldn't?

Correct.  If it makes it easier, don't think of it as reducing the DMG to 0, but rather as just not applying it to the DMG track.  Blessings of Old is weird.

19 minutes ago, Gauntlet said:

Does this mean Life Drinker would still proc in the example above?

Life drinker does not proc twice on a wrap anyway, so it’s irrelevant.