ultimogringo

Free Cities Draft Poll

Free Cities Draft Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do you most want to draft?

• Amber. Attacking Midfielder
    • Cutlass. Goalkeeper
    • Edge. Winger
    • Layne. Striker
    • Kami. Attacking Midfielder
    • Knuckles. Defensive Midfielder
    • Nomad. Winger
    • Champ. Central Midfielder
    • Flea. Defensive Midfielder
    • Gaffer. Coach

Do we really need another ranged attack model? Having more of the same doesn't address the Hunter's weaknesses or sound exciting to be honest. Reading Kami's blog, you can surmise her ranged attacks cause bleed. We already have that. 

2 hours ago, Anudem said:

Do we really need another ranged attack model? Having more of the same doesn't address the Hunter's weaknesses or sound exciting to be honest. Reading Kami's blog, you can surmise her ranged attacks cause bleed. We already have that. 

We have ranged bleed? I read her as having "kill the ball" or a way of removing the ball from a target from range. Either would be welcome in my opinion.

Do we have a chance at drafting someone like Layne or Edge?

2 hours ago, Anudem said:

I can't agree with you more. Kami doesn't sound like she'll bring as much to the Hunters as other Draftees might. Her personality and gimmick don't sound as interesting as some of the other Draftees either.

Given how several members were pro-Knuckles in the Draft prep thread I'm surprised he has no votes.

9 minutes ago, ultimogringo said:

Are they popular Draftees with the other Guilds?

30 minutes ago, ultimogringo said:

We have ranged bleed? I read her as having "kill the ball" or a way of removing the ball from a target from range. Either would be welcome in my opinion.

The blog is intentionally vague, but I read the blurb as "nicking the opponent" as causing bleed (like nicking an artery). Hunters do not need another inf hungry ranged player, we have Egret, Mataagi, Chaska, Theron filling that role. Knuckles or Layne sound like the bees knees to me.

2 hours ago, smashed247 said:

Are they popular Draftees with the other Guilds?

Did some quick looking around. From what I'm able to gather here is what the other guilds are saying:

Alchemist.
- Whoever the Cogs want we will take.

Blacksmiths.
- Goalkeeper was the highest voted need in a poll they had.
- No real discussion since the 13th.

Brewers.
- Top pick Amber (duh), with Knuckles getting the second most votes.

Butchers.
- Layne
- Lamenting the death of the 6-0 game.

Engineers.
- ?

Farmers.
- Layne then Edge

Fish.
- Lots of talk of Cultass but fears of goalies continuing to be sub-par options lingers.

Masons.
- ?

Morticians.
- Gaffer as the top pick and Edge a strong second.

Stolen from FB..

Stolen from the Masons who are doing great analysis work.

Quick check along the forums and facebook groups gave me this:

Alchemist top 3 picks:
Nomad - Kami - Edge

Blacksmith top 3 picks:
Gaffer - Champ - Knuckles

Brewer top 3 picks:
Amber - Knuckles - Nomad

Butcher top 3 picks:
Layne - Kami - Champ

Engineer top 3 picks:
Kami - Champ - Cutlass

Farmer top 3 picks:
Amber - Nomad - Layne

Fisherman top 3 picks:
Kami - Cutlass - Champ

Hunter top 3 picks:
Edge - Flea - Cutlass

Mason top 3 picks:
Champ - Kami - Layne

Mortician top 3 picks:
Edge - Gaffer - Layne

Union screw-over Guilds:
Brewers - Morticians - Engineers

This would lead to the following, when Union is not included:
Butchers - Layne
Brewers - Amber
Hunters - Edge
Fishermen - Kami
Morticians - Gaffer
Blacksmiths - Champ
Masons - none of the top 3... I'm guessing this would be Knuckles
Engineers - Cutlass
Alchemists - Nomad
Farmers - none of the top 3. I'm guessing Flea.

I doubt the masons will put votes to Knuckles, they already have Brick to fill his niche, if all their top picks are taken it will come down to scraps of votes, and I don't see knuckles getting any at all. Personally I think that Nomad would receive the most votes for them, they already have a lot of good defensive options, no one likes flea, and with Snakeskin and Decimate gone they are down to a single winger (oHarmony) who only really works well with one of their captains. 

2 hours ago, Hunters-15 said:

Flea and Edge seem to be the top 2 picks in the Facebook group. Flea has a slight lead as of right now though. 

Really disappointed we have no one looking at Knuckles. Hoping we get to nab Edge from the Morticians though.

I think Knuckles would be nice but there hasn’t been much interest. Edge seems more useful to me than Flea so I’m really hoping we can pull her away from the Morticians as well. 

All you have to do is play more games than the morticians, that shouldn’t be too hard!

They’ll never get away with the same trick as last year, after all who do we have that you’d want back now...

Though I’m glad it’s because you want edge, rather than just to jerk the morts over. Would be a fairly pants event if you didn’t want anyone as much as you wanted to annoy a different guild! :D 

(Annoying the morticians is a happy bonus though, right? ;) )

8 hours ago, MountainYeti said:

Probably hoping for an interaction between Flea and keyword: Animal. 

Well ring-a-ding-ding. A tech model against mascots sounds exactly what Hunters need. Or we can quintuple down and get another ranged model! Why would a Hunter player want a Mist/Shark-esque striker or a beater who requires little setup and can tank a little up the board? Not when we can have Simple Jack giving Scum the business.

While i can see the hope for a interaction for Animal, ie Seenha iv never seen him on the board at all. This is only my opinion but i think we are putting to many eggs in basket to make Seenah good.