ultimogringo

Free Cities Draft Poll

Free Cities Draft Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do you most want to draft?

• Amber. Attacking Midfielder
    • Cutlass. Goalkeeper
    • Edge. Winger
    • Layne. Striker
    • Kami. Attacking Midfielder
    • Knuckles. Defensive Midfielder
    • Nomad. Winger
    • Champ. Central Midfielder
    • Flea. Defensive Midfielder
    • Gaffer. Coach

12 minutes ago, Breaking_Play said:

I like the argument.  Edge sounds good to me, too.

I'm the one who started the Edge train the day before her release with wanting the edge seenah tag team. But after her scouting report I wanted her more. Now that we know what s4 hunters look like I stand by my pick of edge even more. She has the potential to make the team a lot better at tracking down the ball when need be and making a scoring hunters line up something to be feared in my opinion.

44 minutes ago, ultimogringo said:

With so many of us putting wingers on the "bubble" or outside of our 12, would another winger even be utilized?

I think the answer there is “it depends.” You could ask a similar question about the midfielders as well. With the number of strong central models we have battling for spots in the line up, will another midfielder be used? It’s all going to depend on what they do in the end. I feel like a winger has a better shot at making into my line ups but it’s hard to say for sure. 

Also remember that the Morticians are looking at Edge, as well as Layne. My guess is Layne will be taken before it gets to them and Edge will be their pick. If Hunters can get ahead we can take Edge from the Morts and probably get a good nod to it in the fluff that comes after.

I for one am sick of being stepped on by Obulus's shenanigans, let's show them what happens when they poke the bear.

The guild ball player in me wants Edge and wants to get out of the last spot. 

The fluff junky in me wants to see the Hunters stay out of all this political positioning, keep the last pick, and just trust the Sun Father to provide us with the right player. 

The ambitious part of me wants to report the rest of my games towards players and teams who are going after Edge so that she is the player that ends up falling to us and I get both. 

2 hours ago, Hunters-15 said:

The fluff junky in me wants to see the Hunters stay out of all this political positioning, keep the last pick, and just trust the Sun Father to provide us with the right player.

Praise the sun. \o/

A couple of us in the Facebook group have chosen to hide back in the shadows and hold all of our reports til the last week and see what kind of shenanigans we can pull off by surprise true Hunter fashion. Figured we're already at the bottom and it would make for some great story fluff if we went from 10th to top 5 at the last minute.

My vote is for Edge when I go to log my matches. But if the plan fails and we end up at 10th then I'm hoping to get Flea and I'll be fine with that.