• Edge
    • Layne
    • Kami
    • Knuckles
    • Nomad
    • Champ
    • Flea
    • Gaffa

I don't get the love for Amber. Other than being a former Brewer, she's not that interesting. 

Cutlass is a position of need and she's more interesting. Kami, Gaffer, and Flea are all more interesting.

Here me out, I love Amber and I love her backstory, but with the new Free Cities story that came out I dont feel like it makes much sense to try and immediately draft Amber back into the guild so soon after the exile. It seems even if the Brewers wanted her back, she wouldn't want to play for them anyway. Maybe the best thing is to let Amber shine on another team. Now Knuckles sounds like he would fit right in with the rest of the gang. He is a street rat, he is from Maldriven, and he can dish out a punch or two but can also take hits like every true Brewer can. I think it might be better to #letambergo and instead go for #bareknucklebrewers. This is just my thoughts.

So, now the draft has officially kicked off I  figured I'd post my top five and the skewed reasoning behind them :

1) Amber : Obviously... Because she's Amber and I've been throwing the hashtag around for over a year and a half.. After todays fluff I like her character even more and think it would be a travesty if we allowed her to go to another guild.. Gameplay wise, I think she will tick all the boxes we need her to tick linking our aggressive centre scrum to our outlying strikers and occasionally picking up a cheeky goal to win a game.

2) Knuckles : Again more for fluff and feel than actual rules.. He's Mald, he's a bruiser he apparently has a good attitude and looks out for his team mates.. While he doesn't bring anything new to the guild and I doubt he would be a 2" melee, I feel he would sit in a similar position to Brick or Benny, supporting the team around him with relatively little inf cost allowing the more flashy players to do their work.

3) Kami : Rule of cool, she has two pistols and everyone else wants her.. Honestly I think she is the most interesting rookie in the draft and would add a ranged control element we never really had access to (even with pre nerf Esters)..

4) Nomad : "He's a little too janky".. Jank is good.. Jank wins games.. It also eats up a lot of clock time but it just means we need to win faster.. We also don't "officially" have a winger, despite vSpigs ticking all the boxes for that role..

5) Cutlass : We don't need a goalkeeper, but pirates are cool and the remaining rookies are all a bit "meh".. I'm also curious as to how SFG would balance a goalie in a team known to have good options for killing the ball in a corner..

Honourable Mention : 

6) Edge : She would be above Cutlass other than the pirate thing, as with Nomad, we don't have a dedicated winger and I really like her character based on todays fluff blog.. I also think her and Pisspot would have a right laugh bringing anarchy to the pitch..

FYI all-

In case you’re not following the FB group, we’ve got a pretty strong split over Amber VS others going on there, while here on the forums Amber is overwhelmingly the favorite.  We need the active support of all of you folks voting for Amber on here if we’re going to counter the agents of Esters and bring our girl home!

Report early, report often, and #bringamberhome!