Sign in to follow this  
Perry89

Traps mechanics changing.

From my understanding its changes so that all traps work the same way and have a max limit of 5. So Jaecar/VMinx/ and Chaska all share the same trap design.

12 minutes ago, Jynxed85 said:

From my understanding its changes so that all traps work the same way and have a max limit of 5. So Jaecar/VMinx/ and Chaska all share the same trap design.

I don't like this at all, but will hold off on massive hot takes until more information is out.

21 minutes ago, Anudem said:

I don't like this at all, but will hold off on massive hot takes until more information is out.

Sounds overall better than before? A buff to Chaska’s and Minx’s traps and a slight nerf to Jaecar’s, but Jaecar no longer being limited to one means you won’t run the risk of putting it somewhere and then never be able to use it again if no one triggers it.

Overall, I think it is a net positive.  I really like that vMinx's traps now cause Snare.  I will also say that I did like the variety of the different traps.

It's a SUPER buff - Chaska gets +1 DMG? Yeah baby. Jaecar's trap is now not legal, you'll need vMinx and Chaska to have enough, but Chaska and vMinx are definitely buffed, and Jaecar is a side-grade/buff. Great news! The Rule is the Trap rule by the way - they say so in the text.

I like this a lot too. Even Jaecar's trap is not nerfed IMO. Snared and Bleed gave your opponent a huge incentive to clear conditions. Now there's a bigger chance they'll just leave snare on. And Jaecar can drop more than one trap, which is nice when you want to protect him early on, but don't want his only trap to be useless for the rest of the game. :)

Really not a fan, I liked each trap marker being different and unique to the players who placed them. Not only does this make my 40mm net marker useless, but it means new hunters will only ever have the same version of traps, and that's really really boring.

It looks like an overall buff, but this isn't one I'm excited about.

Also does look like they're deliberately cracking down on Jaecar, I'm not exactly opposed I just wish they'd have let me keep my pitfall marker.

Let me expand on my initial thought. The change is strait up better for Chaska and fairly lateral for Jaecar (assuming he keeps his trap marker). My issue is Minx. Snare is great, but bumping the damage of her trap markers impacts how she plays. Her damage potential fairly minimal now and how models around her interact with those snares. A potential 6 damage dodging away from her or from a push gives your opponent some reason to pause and gauge their decisions. The worst Minx's snares do now is three damage and getting snared three times (eat those snares!). Not too scary.  I see models just setting off her traps because they can. Why wouldn't they? An extra two damage to remove potential snares to the rest of your models feels like a good trade for the opponent. I liked the pressure the Jawbone traps put on my opponent.

Hmm.  So I've run out a Jaecar, vMinx and Chaska line up that got out all 7 traps... but now I'm limited to 5 total.  And vMinx goes from having a respectable 6 damage hit, bypassing toughness, to having a 3 damage hit with a condition that people almost always clear... but Chaska gets a slight damage buff?  But Jaecar's trap no longer threatens the 3 damage bleed, but he can put out more traps maybe?

Not sure about this being a buff or a nerf or just a change for change sake.

3 minutes ago, MARCVS AVRELLIVS said:

Not sure about this being a buff or a nerf or just a change for change sake.

I don't think they're changing traps "just because we were bored." It streamlines the rule and your opponent doesn't have to keep track of all the different types of markers. 

4 hours ago, Redtiger7 said:

With them all being 30mm, what does this mean for the Jaecar trap marker? 

Maybe this is a contributing factor to the Hunter resins getting delayed - they need to change the traps but didn't want to give away the fact they were being changed. I personally am not keen on the fact that it screws people who don't have vMinx, as with only Chaska you only have 3 30mm traps. If Jaecar can drop more than one, now Hunter players REALLY have to buy a £50 box for a single player (yeah, yeah, eBay, trade forums, split with friends, whatever - still more work than it should be to get the models to make a team work).

7 minutes ago, ultimogringo said:

Apologies if this has been answer previously but do traps benefit from harrier? 

No, they do not.  Harriers only affect playbook and character play damage.

7 minutes ago, ultimogringo said:

Apologies if this has been answer previously but do traps benefit from harrier? 

No, playbook and character play damage results only.

5 minutes ago, S_A_T_S said:

Maybe this is a contributing factor to the Hunter resins getting delayed - they need to change the traps but didn't want to give away the fact they were being changed. I personally am not keen on the fact that it screws people who don't have vMinx, as with only Chaska you only have 3 30mm traps. If Jaecar can drop more than one, now Hunter players REALLY have to buy a £50 box for a single player (yeah, yeah, eBay, trade forums, split with friends, whatever - still more work than it should be to get the models to make a team work).

Farmers don't have models for their markers either. I don't see trap markers needing specific representations now that they all do the same.

Any 30mm sized marker should do.

2 minutes ago, Breaking_Play said:

No, they do not.  Harriers only affect playbook and character play damage.

V.Minx could Place one off of her playbook. That’s were I was confused. Thank you.