Selfy

Corsair S4

I can't make the plays as quickly as this guy does. I run out of time first, but I have managed to control the ball and the pitch until that point. I have to watch the videos again, a little more deliberately this time, and get a better idea of where I need to improve.

For a lot of teams if you send your players to a wing then the opponent will also send models over because they need to be close to you to actually use their abilities. If your opponent has stand off models then on top of you being able to naturally draw them then you also have Corsair, Jac, Hag, Kraken and Tentacles with tech capable of doing some form of positional antics.

There are not many if any teams that can win by going nowhere near the other team, even Shark Fish and Scoring Skatha teams will need to approach you to get the ball back in their possession eventually.

And I think the only one able to get the ball more than 4" away is Obulus... and maybe siren2 with great luck. So a Tentacle 5" back with the ball is probably safe from most ball retrieving. If you're not sure put the ball on the pitch (like if there is lot of distance KD in the opponent team. Having that ball thrown out of the pitch is the real danger). If somehting is close enough to get the ball, you can take it out. If not... just take an activation and end it immediately so you get out up handed on the clock.

Corsair is too slow to be a real threat to the ball. He can maybe pass to someone else, but you would probably have time to get the ball back, I guess. But, mirror match are always something particular ...

But i guess if he send Corsair at you, without taking someone out (and with 2 for rough seas and 1 for the pass, probably 1 for charge/run, he will probably not), you can work to take him out at start of the next turn. I don't think the main risk is there but ... yeah, I mostly always forget Rough Seas ...

4 hours ago, Thyamath said:

Corsair is too slow to be a real threat to the ball. He can maybe pass to someone else, but you would probably have time to get the ball back, I guess. But, mirror match are always something particular ...

But i guess if he send Corsair at you, without taking someone out (and with 2 for rough seas and 1 for the pass, probably 1 for charge/run, he will probably not), you can work to take him out at start of the next turn. I don't think the main risk is there but ... yeah, I mostly always forget Rough Seas ...

Yeah... I was just noting ball control abilities with range. 

Also, some people leave the ball on the pitch to avoid these kinds of abilities. Just a reminder not to try that against the Engineers. Salvo and anyone who can clone his abilities can pick up a free ball at 6".