Sign in to follow this  
Anudem

Vet Hearne is now pretty hot

I’m excited to try him out. Having a momentous result on one hit is a pretty big deal I feel. The changes to Lunar Eclipse make that ability seem like a lot of fun to use. Can’t wait for season 4. 

Seems everything he should have been in S3... but I wonder if he will keep up with S4 standard.

Don't get me wrong, usable (quality) teleport and mom result on one success is thumbs up... but the resource intensity to use him effectively and low defence without additional staying power still makes me hesitate.

Balance in a model is good, well done designers, but at the moment he doesn't make my six except in corner cases where ibwant to go heavy 2" melee.

These opinions may change with other releases/match testing.

Also, thank you for skatha

My impression......

He is goal shooter, has "ways" to be faster although relies on enemies to jump around.

So he can run 6-8-10 inches, then land his skewered for 2 moms on a model 6" away, be teleported behind said models back (to be close to goal post) aaand score

His total goal scoring range with 2 inf and 3 moms is.......

21'' scoring  threat range without rough or fast ground

or up to 25'' with both fast and rough ground

Last light can now only benefit the “next” character play. I wonder if that restriction won’t end up being a little too limiting - especially if you’re relying on something like Sun Strike (assuming that’s still in S4) to generate the momentum.

Also- what if your “next” character play is triggered from the playbook? Do you lose last light?

Lunar Eclipse now makes him a massive nuisance with parting blows, if I read it correctly? 

Resolve parting blow. Choose a damage result. Place vHearne directly in front of model, 1" away. Model is now re-engaged and additionally has to try and move around a 40mm base/2" reach to get where they were going. 

Although I guess that's not new, just without the Snared requirement much easier to trigger. Haven't used it enough in S3 that it even came up in a game!

38 minutes ago, Azreal13 said:

Lunar Eclipse now makes him a massive nuisance with parting blows, if I read it correctly? 

Resolve parting blow. Choose a damage result. Place vHearne directly in front of model, 1" away. Model is now re-engaged and additionally has to try and move around a 40mm base/2" reach to get where they were going. 

I don't think you can do that. There was a ruling about an engineer, Might have been "swift stance" or "Swift strike"

35 minutes ago, Azreal13 said:

The darkened circle next to the trait means it’s useable during the player’s activation only.  So it’s not active during a parting blow.

Lunar eclipse never worked that way in the first place- even against something snared. They wrote an errata as soon as he came out in S3

Can't say I'm surprised, although it's only a moderately modified Follow Up at the end of the day it would still be majorly strong on Hearne's chassis. 

We tend to play around Parting Blows in my local meta as much as possible, so the circumstances never arose.