Sign in to follow this  
Perry89

Rat changes.

Bonesaw and Graves changes are good. I will miss the take out style but I knew that wasn't what they were supposed to be doing and it always surprised me how much damage they did do. Have to see rest of the changes and throw em on the table to see if they will still be my favourite team. 

It's going to be interesting how it pans out. 

My initial thoughts are definitely around if they want to push a 3-0 playstyle, then is a fast, disease-less list a better way of doing it?

Something like Piper, Squeak, vGraves, Skulk, Pelage, Bonesaw.

I'm certainly going to miss take-out focused rats and the snackdigger mini game.

1 hour ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

It's going to be interesting how it pans out. 

My initial thoughts are definitely around if they want to push a 3-0 playstyle, then is a fast, disease-less list a better way of doing it?

I'm certainly going to miss take-out focused rats and the snackdigger mini game.

Precisely my thoughts, and it is so strange to consider Bonesaw to be honest. I think the 2-2 is still there, though. I mean, Scourge still hits like a sledgehammer, and with the HP boost in Snack Break (from 4 to 6), he could be around longer, I dunno. I do wish they had given him a damage GB result, even non-momentous would be tasty (ugh... rat taste). And no changes to Pelage or Miasma's abilities really helps too. I mean, is Miasma anything other than a control damage dealer, beyond Salve?

But, Stamina on Bonesaw...

3 hours ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

I suggested this not long after ratcatchers came out and was ridiculed mercilessly. In fact, I tried it out and I ended up apologising to everyone for letting them down. 

11 hours ago, The Ferryman said:

No changes to Squeak is... an interesting choice.

So far I don't really see a problem with Squeak. Better than Vileswarm or Dirge in my opinion/experience. 

After seeing the changes, I am very excited for rats in season four. I'm hoping the push towards a more goal focused team gives them some new options for scoring from bonesaw. 

On 9/12/2018 at 10:55 PM, The Ferryman said:

No changes to Squeak is... an interesting choice.

We don't know that. Just none shown. doesn't mean none at all. 

3 hours ago, Mattyg2787 said:

The crucial part of the puzzle is going to be bonesaw. We know he has stamina. And that’s it.

You also know that he is getting more changes. While it's possible that they're pulling a Bait-and-Switch, and will show that the only change is Stamina, I kind of doubt it.

Yes article says that. 

"As for Bonesaw…well we still want to keep that a little bit secret, but let’s show you one rule he’s picked up that really helps him move around the pitch…"

I'm skeptical about trading the 4 VP game plan for a goal-only playstyle for a team with very mediocre kick stats.  Not sure if Scourge is even worth a team slot now and Squeak is still among the worst mascots in the game.

But giving Piper the ability to actually hit a pass (from all the goals I missed, Piper has always been the culprit behind it, someway or another) and Skulk finally having a real playbook to use against strikers with that TAC 6 are good changes and I can definitely see this new playstyle work, mostly due to new Bonesaw.

I predict Ratcatchers to suffer a lot if they don't receive now (making other, more flexible minor guilds bad matchups), even more so than any other goal-guild and the Miasma changes will not save the Smoke matchup.

On 9/13/2018 at 6:16 AM, Cole said:

So far I don't really see a problem with Squeak. Better than Vileswarm or Dirge in my opinion/experience. 

Dirge is 8/10 move with flying and follow up. Squeak is 4/6 with tag along.  He's not even useful as a ball retriever.  He's too slow to even be a reliable crowd out, and if he is in the scrum, he's a df3+ character play sponge.  At least Dirge is df5+ with dark doubts.

The literal only thing Squeak is good for, is dreadful shriek, but since it's on column 2 of a Tac3 model, you need to charge to have a reasonable chance of using that on a 4+/1 model, and there's just no way I'm putting two influence on that when Scourge, Miasma, Pelage, and Piper exist.  In my experience, I use him as an ablative activation to force my opponent to commit to something I can then react to.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:59 AM, Toqtamish said:

We don't know that. Just none shown. doesn't mean none at all. 

I mean... they went in depth on Piper, Scourge, Miasma, and Skulk, explicitely stating those were the only changes to those models, and teased the changes to both of the Morts crossovers.  You think they really just forgot Pelage and Squeak?  Pelage is fine, and doesn't need anything, but Squeak is the one model (bar Bonesaw) that I've seen Ratcatchers complain about.  As much as I think the overall changes are good (even the removal of Snackdigger), Squeak is still a terrible mascot balanced around a character play that almost never sees use.

Anyone notice that carrier has let slip a little change?

It now says "During the end phase, before conditions are resolved, this model suffers the disease condition."

Under current rules you resolve conditions in the maintainence phase, so his would imply that's changing. 

1 hour ago, Azreal13 said:

It now says "During the end phase, before conditions are resolved, this model suffers the disease condition."

Under current rules you resolve conditions in the maintainence phase, so his would imply that's changing. 

That's nice.  It would mean you don't start the game 1 hp down, which always seemed dumb.  Probably helps vKatalyst, too.

8 hours ago, Azreal13 said:

Yeah we saw that on the turn reference cards in the season 4 launch kits article. 

http://steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/31-8-2018-get-ready-for-season-4-guild-ball

?format=750w