Snow

Morticians Draft Pick: Vote once you're sure, as it can't be changed!

Which Player do you want to draft to Morticians? Vote once you're sure, as they can't be changed!  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player do you want to draft to Morticians?

I think Champ should go to Morts.

Gameplay reason: A footballing focused, relatively aggressive all rounder is what the team really wants. The team at the moment has footballers, and it has damage dealers, but no real options for squaddies that can switch gears into doing either. This seems like the sort of thing that Champ would be good at doing, being adaptable but always working towards getting VPs. Morts have a ton of setup models but not much in the way of good payoff that isn't really clunky.

Fluff reason: She'd be a great contrast for the rest of the morts. I'd love to have her turn up at the Morticians' training day and be like 'Right, let's win some tournaments? Wait a second...' when faced with a ragtag bunch of people Obulus found in gutters, who have much more interest in dealing with bribes / manipulating the other teams than in actually winning at or even playing Guild Ball.

46 minutes ago, The_Question_NL said:

Voting for Gaffer is blasphemy we don't need a coach the Ferryman has everything under control!

That's the spirit!

18 minutes ago, Gauntlet said:

I think Champ should go to Morts.

Gameplay reason: A footballing focused, relatively aggressive all rounder is what the team really wants. The team at the moment has footballers, and it has damage dealers, but no real options for squaddies that can switch gears into doing either. This seems like the sort of thing that Champ would be good at doing, being adaptable but always working towards getting VPs. Morts have a ton of setup models but not much in the way of good payoff that isn't really clunky.

Edge seems to be that player to me, she's like a Champ but looks like she can play dirty.

We should get as many games in as possible, doesn't realy matter who do You support, just play and report!

29 minutes ago, el009 said:

We should get as many games in as possible, doesn't realy matter who do You support, just play and report!

That’s definitely the key I reckon - doesn’t matter who we pick if we’re last in the draft order!

Whoever people decide to vote for, as long as they’re reporting games we have a better chance of getting an actual pick rather than a leftover :D

Yep, Report as many games as possible. I'm fully pledged toward Edge. Gaffer seems to be in good contest with the Blacksmiths while Edge only seems to be a few guilds 2nd or 3rd choice.

I want her to be in Scalpel's lady crew of doom.

Hadn’t though of that! Getting a female model would mean the ladies tea and murder squad would be fully realised at long last :)

I just like her hair :P

I like to vote for Kami, Attacking Midfielder and Pistols are reasons. She seem to be a good pairing to Scalpel.

Edge is the second choice as a Winger Spooks need.

Gaffer for over all control is third imo.

Recording as many plays as possible!!!!

On 9/21/2018 at 12:26 PM, Mako said:

Given how much we struggle for inf, I don’t really want a high influence/potential big payoff player - one expensive all or nothing play on a captain is plenty :D

Control is all well and good, but it doesn’t really win games. So I think edge is my top pick too, then maybe kami or knuckles. 

I agree with this sentiment. I think that Morticians would benefit from a player that can help serve as a "win condition" of sorts for the team. I think Mist, when we had access to Union models, served that function. Mist was a very self-sufficient and effective striker that could rack up points easily. Hopefully, they change Bonesaw so that he can serve as a reliable striker, but if they don't, then we would probably want someone like Layne to help score points more consistently. Sure, Obulus can score points, but if he's putting a lot of influence into that, he's not putting it into as many control effects.

Outside of that, I would say some form of Momentum generation would be useful, as Morts seem to struggle to generate momentum (outside of Rigor Mortis ;) ). Not sure who would fit the bill for that, but maybe some kind of attacker or aggressive midfielder (Kami, Champ?)

Also, Edge does seem Morticians like, thematically, so if you want consistency of theme, that could be good!

Plus, from reading the first bit of fluff, she’s also a tough lass with big boots and an attitude to match, not a delicate flower. Who doesn’t want that on our side? :D

While I am up for vote or gaffer I am torn.  We could make great use of edge, but gaffer could give us even more control which we are known for.  Also if we took the gaffer it would piss off the blacksmiths :P

On Facebook they drafted the first games for Layne. They didn't discuss, they only do it to get the "Mist"-play back.

I will go for Edge and Gaffer.

1 hour ago, HammerTime said:

Layne for me because I really want to go all in on football with two strikers and Obulus 

Then you have to play Fish ;)

2 Striker and Obulus are 15 Inf in max., imo to expensive.

9 hours ago, trinitty said:

Then you have to play Fish ;)

2 Striker and Obulus are 15 Inf in max., imo to expensive.

My disdain for the forums is once again renewed.  Thank you for the reminder!

5 hours ago, HammerTime said:

My disdain for the forums is once again renewed.  Thank you for the reminder!

Sorry to make you angry. Should be a joke to play fish and not be personal. I understand the wish to play more ball. Imo the Striker is not the solution, but go for him.

I hope you will still join the forum.

I feel like Gaffer isn’t the best course of action; Smiths are apparently putting in for him and, as far as i can tell, they’ve got more players. Buuut I might be completely wrong on that.

I agree. The impressions from the two blog entries showed us, that the blacksmiths seem to

a) report a lot of games
b) unite to vote for Gaffer

If this tendency continues, Gaffer will be picked by the smiths and then our inferior votes will not be a clear choice (maybe).

Amber, Kami and Layne also seem to be quite popular and if the respective guilds (e.g. brewers or butchers) should get the drive to report more games over the next weeks, I'm not sure if we should bet on the same horse. And since no rules for any player are written yet, I would recommend we go fully fluffwise for some "underdogs".

My last few reports went for Nomad, and one for Edge, as I think both could be thematically fit into spooks.

Thanks for reporting your games!

I can only just fall in line with some other guys here: Please keep reporting!   :D

OK look guys Layne has to go morticians. You guys lost your meme potential when Bonesaw got good.

Do it for the memes. 

Legalize Layne. 

Wait, you think Bonesaw getting good is more reason to go for Layne?

Nonsense. Bonesaw is plenty striker alongside Hemlock, Scalpel, Pelage and Graves.

We need Edge to complete our Lady Death Squad.