Snow

Morticians Draft Pick: Vote once you're sure, as it can't be changed!

Which Player do you want to draft to Morticians? Vote once you're sure, as they can't be changed!  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player do you want to draft to Morticians?

On 9/14/2018 at 4:57 PM, Mako said:

I could go for some ball killing/retrieval tech, if that's what Kami brings - I find the Morticians good with the ball, but a bit vulnerable getting it back off people. Kill the Ball or something with ranged tackle would go down nicely :)

And of course, she's second in the Official Hair Rankings*, so that's handy.

*not official in the least ;) 

Agreed on second best Morts hair. I like the sound of her, but she has to be an Engineer with those pistols, right?!

55 minutes ago, Snow said:

Agreed on second best Morts hair. I like the sound of her, but she has to be an Engineer with those pistols, right?!

You want to give the engineers more ranged abuse capability? :P

I originally said it fairly throwaway, but the more I think on it, getting the ball back is one of the weaker things in my mind. 

All just my (limited) experience of course, but the big difficulty I have is that we can shut down all sorts of tricks, but in the end that’s not scoring us any points.

It might be because I play a more goal oriented scalpel-bonesaw-vHemlocke thing, but the biggest problem is when the other side have the ball. Once that happens, all we can do is try to force them into a weak play while they pick whether to score or take out players, whichever is their strength (and we’re pretty average at both VP routes, as far as I can tell, so they’ll always have a favourable pick).

Sure, shutting those strengths down is the  whole mortician thing, but again that’s just dragging things out in the hope of a mistake. Obulus aside, it’s really difficult to actively engage with the opposition rather than passively try to trap them (or hope for better than 1 for 1 swaps in the takeout game).

So really, anyone having ranged ball threat would be gold. I doubt we’ll get Kami, but my hope would be someone to let us be a bit less passive when the ball isn’t at our feet. 

I could of course just be a terrible player, but then I won’t have time to play much so it’s not me that will make the decision as to who we get :D

@Mako I'm not really in any position to accurately judge what the guild needs, as I still don't have them yet! I'll have an idea of what I like the look and sound of and what would work thematically, but I'll go along with the consensus of the experienced morts players.

When it comes to Kami, I think if she's not top choice for spooks it might not hurt for her to be in Cogs. It fits thematically, but I rarely find I have space in a six to duplicate roles too much. I think if you take ALL ranged damage then the team runs the risk of being too one-dimensional and predictable. Just thinking about it, they've implied she's not gonna be a great footballer. One of the nice things about playing Cogs is sitting on a team of reliable four die kicks, so she's competing with someone like Harriet, who can kick AND dislodge the ball from range.

So, knuckles then... a heavy tackle, with the ability to take a punch and deal with forward players. Could be useful for the morticians?

On the important side of things, not bad hair - not the best, but I reckon above average. Third place for him :)

Brawler with 2/X influence? Im in! What I realy dislike about current state of Ghast and Casket is they make inf inefficent team low on inf so Knuckles might be my guy. Either him or Edge for now.

I tend to struggle with damage, but I’m always facing brewers so that probably explains it :D

Champ though... forward, ball playing and ball retrieving. Could be an option?

Hair wise, it’s hard to tell. Not much detail there in the art!

13 hours ago, Mako said:

I tend to struggle with damage, but I’m always facing brewers so that probably explains it :D

Champ though... forward, ball playing and ball retrieving. Could be an option?

Hair wise, it’s hard to tell. Not much detail there in the art!

We aren’t gonna cut through brewers unfortunately. Football for days 

Weird thought,  but what do we think about Nomad and his bag of random shennanigans? Hes supposedly upbeat which could make for a wierd happy spook, break away from all that angst.

So far I'd vote for Nomad - they already got me with the term "too janky on the pitch" and "sleeve full of tricks". I like the idea of the charming, gambling guttersnipe with the tough background who would even dare to cheat death.

A lot of potential for our beloved "high risk - high reward" gameplay.

Maybe he could evolve into some kind of superstitious tarot card player, who "foresees" the opponents next activation - and gains momentum (or some other benefit) if he's "right"...!    :D

My second choice up to now would be Edge. She might be a promising addition to a fast full ladies line up (w/ Scalpel, Cosset, Pelage and vHemlocke).
(And YES - the hair factor tells its own tale. A little bit emo would naturally fit well!)

GAFFER! GAFFER! GAFFER!

So an on field coach on a control team? How could that manifest? We already have tucked/shutout so maybe something similar to superior strategy, but with a Morticians spin. So high influence, big impact? Imagine a play that lets you skip an activation for example . Hmmmmm could be immense.

imagine being able to hand out traits? Or negate traits!?

GIVE OBULUS HIS SPY!

I'd take Edge > Knuckles > Layne, we don't need more jank, I'd like to see some aggresive player with both damage and decent playing football. Vote Edge!

Given how much we struggle for inf, I don’t really want a high influence/potential big payoff player - one expensive all or nothing play on a captain is plenty :D

Control is all well and good, but it doesn’t really win games. So I think edge is my top pick too, then maybe kami or knuckles. 

I want to run all female morticians in season 4, the lineup atm due to only 5 females is

Scalpel, Pelage, VHemlocke, Cosset, Graves, and Dirge

so I'm really looking for a graves replacement, or a replacement for the off casket pick. So I'm cool with any non edge female really, but champ looks cool.

38 minutes ago, Mattyg2787 said:

So are we all in agreement that we play for whoever has the most votes?

Is that the wisest plan though? After all, we won’t be the top of the draft order so if everyone goes for one model, we won’t have a decent second/third choice (or fifth, sixth, wherever the dregs end up :P)