Fli

Free Cities Draft Event

Good morning my fellow Engineers,

As you may be aware, Steam Forged announced a new Narrative Event. What sort of player do you feel would benefit us the most? The leading result on Facebook seems to be leaning towards a third goal keeper.

12 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Why a third goal keeper ?

I think the best reason given so far is "It would be funny". We banded together to snag Harriet, I'm sure we can do it again to get another great model.

I'm thinking the Engineers would probably want one of two things; someone to output some damage or someone to help with control. Based on positions, I'd venture that means an Attacking or a Central Midfielder?

5 hours ago, skcpae said:

I'm thinking the Engineers would probably want one of two things; someone to output some damage or someone to help with control. Based on positions, I'd venture that means an Attacking or a Central Midfielder?

If only an Attacking Midfielder were available. Oh, hey!

Yeah, it seems the biggest gap to fill is a model who prefers to be in close combat. I'm not so sure control is missing... I mean, what guild has access to more ranged KD, or ranged burst damage, or the ability to force the opposing team to actually hang onto the ball. It's all a kind of control.

17 hours ago, Celary said:

An what about some influence efficient support piece? Take a look at Hag, vChisel or Millstone.

I think Ratchet is a great support piece. If they'd give him Tough Skin as well he'd be nearly perfect. I don't think he needs to be replaced. Maybe tweaked a bit.

3 hours ago, Silversmith said:

I think Ratchet is a great support piece. If they'd give him Tough Skin as well he'd be nearly perfect. I don't think he needs to be replaced. Maybe tweaked a bit.

He's too good IMO. I'd like to have an alternative, so I didn't have to bring him to each and every match ;)

I agree that it feels weird having players that I know I’m going to have in every game because they can’t be replaced.  I’d be happy with a control piece or a different kind of support.  You know, for variety.

alternatively ex brewers player...more knock downs.  Think how many knock downs we could have (mostly joking...probably)

8 hours ago, Celary said:

He's too good IMO. I'd like to have an alternative, so I didn't have to bring him to each and every match ;)

On further thought, perhaps giving Ratchet Tough Skin isn't the answer. Maybe giving a new model that ability as well as other things to make the team more resilient would work.

I know we definitely don’t need the gunslinger but it would be cool to see what kind of damage output steamforged would give a ranged damage dealer on engineers with no ball control (outside kill the ball).  Like if she was a 1/4” or a 2/4” kick they would have to give her something to stand apart with.

Not my actual choice, just want to jump into a different timeline and see the result.

3 hours ago, Sniper4king said:

I know we definitely don’t need the gunslinger but it would be cool to see what kind of damage output steamforged would give a ranged damage dealer on engineers with no ball control (outside kill the ball).  Like if she was a 1/4” or a 2/4” kick they would have to give her something to stand apart with.

Not my actual choice, just want to jump into a different timeline and see the result.

I don't think she's that bad of a choice for Engineers, tbh. You never know what they're going to do to Hoist, and anyway, don't the Engineers want to horde all the guns for themselves?

2 hours ago, Sniper4king said:

Once all the players are out are we going to have a vote for which one we are aiming for?

That would be wise, though I don't think it's binding in any way. What matters is the player you report for. If here, the Engineers choose Kami, for example, but people report games for Engineers and select Layne, that's what matters. I think... It's still a little bit unclear to me.

The vote here he or she is referring to is to decide which player to pick In the game reports on the Free cities draft website. On Facebook group we are already discussing that and Kami is so far a favourite. 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, landstander said:

That would be wise, though I don't think it's binding in any way. What matters is the player you report for. If here, the Engineers choose Kami, for example, but people report games for Engineers and select Layne, that's what matters. I think... It's still a little bit unclear to me.

I think that's spot on. It comes down to which player that individuals report games for and that's it. It's useful to get a consensus here and on FB, so as not to split the voting and end up with the dregs. I'm probably going to be reporting for Morts, but I have Cogs too and think Kami's a really good fit from what we've seen so far, so I may end up pitching in on that if she turns out to be the Cogs' target.