Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tasku

Free Cities Draft Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PanzerHarris said:

Given Farmers are likely to have a very high pick and the Union are agitating for them to pick Nomad, we may well need a back-up plan. And that's where we may fall down as we don't really have one.

I'm coming round to Kami. She could well be a Decimate style player, which is right up my particular alley. 

Sad to see the support for Knuckles dry up but that may be a good thing since he is now the Blacksmith's top pick. I agree that the Union and Brewers would like to see the Farmers pick Nomad. So going forward all my picks are going to go for Kami. If we can't get KDs from Knuckles I'd like the damage from Kami's pistols.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MechMage said:

She's a goalie now, sure, but you're not playing the long game.  vVelocity was a goalie last season and no one took her because she was way worse at it than Compound because Compound is amazing.  If we draft Cutlass, no one else gets a goalie, no one takes her for a season and she gets reworked into something else season 5 except she doesn't have the same name as one of the best players in our guild so she may actually see play then.

I mean, do we really want to put our eggs in the "This sucks so lets vote for it, not pick it ever, and hope it gets a rework sometime next year" basket?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TheBriarfox said:

I mean, do we really want to put our eggs in the "This sucks so lets vote for it, not pick it ever, and hope it gets a rework sometime next year" basket?

 

I don't think she'll suck.  I think she'll be a close approximation to Knuckles (whom I don' think we have a good shot at.) who will conveniently also deny other teams a goal keeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, MechMage said:

I don't think she'll suck.  I think she'll be a close approximation to Knuckles (whom I don' think we have a good shot at.) who will conveniently also deny other teams a goal keeper.

It seems more prudent to put the votes toward someone we already have a decent start with, especially since it's going to be raw games played at this point that makes the real difference. I just don't see the sense in voting for someone apparently redundant just to spite other guilds in the outside hope said model might get better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBriarfox said:

 

It seems more prudent to put the votes toward someone we already have a decent start with, especially since it's going to be raw games played at this point that makes the real difference. I just don't see the sense in voting for someone apparently redundant just to spite other guilds in the outside hope said model might get better. 

In terms of raw games, it doesn't matter whom we vote for; it will increase our draft order either way.  The whole point of a fourth pick is that if there aren't enough raw games entered and all three of our preferred players are taken before our vote we don't get someone random.  Furthermore, even at launch I doubt Cutlass will be Redundant with Compound any more than Knuckles will be redundant with oKatalyst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of the week 3 update the Alchemist's were sitting at the 3rd pick. Assuming we keep reporting games at our current pace a 4th option would not be necessary. Especially since neither of the 2 teams in front of us are going after Kami. Hypothetically if we fall into the situation where we drop below fish again, Cutlass is currently one of thier top choices so that would not be a good backup plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MechMage said:

In terms of raw games, it doesn't matter whom we vote for; it will increase our draft order either way.  The whole point of a fourth pick is that if there aren't enough raw games entered and all three of our preferred players are taken before our vote we don't get someone random.  Furthermore, even at launch I doubt Cutlass will be Redundant with Compound any more than Knuckles will be redundant with oKatalyst.

That's why I said it's raw games that's going to make the most difference. All the theory-crafting about picks doesn't mean a thing if we're stuck with leftovers.

An extra beater in a team with a handful of mediocre at best offerings is a whole different discussion than an extra goaltender in a team with a fantastic one already. 
If we're going to switch horses, which I continue to think is a Bad Plan™, we should bet one that's actually going to be of real use.  

17 hours ago, Bertwemet said:

As of the week 3 update the Alchemist's were sitting at the 3rd pick. Assuming we keep reporting games at our current pace a 4th option would not be necessary. Especially since neither of the 2 teams in front of us are going after Kami. Hypothetically if we fall into the situation where we drop below fish again, Cutlass is currently one of thier top choices so that would not be a good backup plan.

It's going to hinge entirely on the numbers coming out of SCUS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to Kami. I plan on getting 5 games in next week and they will all be for Kami unless something drastically changes my opinion on the Monday update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to Kami. 

Less than 10 games separate us from the Butchers. Pick it TF up, boys and girls. Like I said, it's raw numbers that are going to win it for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For your viewing pleasure, my mock draft based on last 2 FCD blog posts.

1. Farmers-Amber

2. Smiths-Gaffer

3. Alchemists-Kami

4. Butchers-Layne

5. Morts- Edge

6. Fish-Cutlass

7. Masons-Champ

8. Cogs-Knuckles

9. Hunters-Flea

10. Brewers-Nomad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's keep the support up for Kami in the home stretch! Another perk to getting Kami is that it throws off the Butchers' and other guilds' game plans! #ShadowGames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is disagreement in the Butchers camp over who they want. I brought up on thier boards the idea that the #smokedmeat movement should put some votes towards Kami for Alchemists since we already have the lead rather than trying to put votes in to catching up to Kami in the Butcher's rankings. So if you know a #smokedmeat butcher, let them know of this plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×