Sign in to follow this  
Tasku

Free Cities Draft Discussion

http://steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/10-9-2018-the-free-cities-draft-guild-ball

So some info dropped in today concerning the new community event. Let's start a discussion for what the Alchemist's Guild could use.

There are 8 positions in the pitch currently:

Striker
Attacking Midfielder
Central Midfielder
Defensive Midfielder
Winger
Goalkeeper
Centre Back
Coach

I think it's quite hard to say what we need given there's an expected rework around the corner. But thinking about the guild right now, I would be happy to see either more Defensive Midfielders, Wingers or Centre Backs - supporting the footballing game by providing some efficient influence to the wings or a solid anchor to put opposing scrum on the breaks.

But here's Amber. I personally think both Katalyst's currently fill the role good enough.

GB-TFC-ScoutingReport.jpg?format=1500w

Cutlass. I was gonna say there's no need for another goalkeeper, but the letter encourages to consider her. But I think most guilds without a goalkeeper are going after one so no pressure for us to achieve this one.

GB-TFC-ScoutingReport2.jpg?format=1500w

Edge. Sounds promising, so far the most interesting to me. Currently Alchemist's don't have a winger and an option to have one on the pitch dedicated to that place would be nice.

GB-TFC-ScoutingReport3.jpg?format=1500w

On 9/12/2018 at 8:15 AM, Tasku said:

Edge. Sounds promising, so far the most interesting to me. Currently Alchemist's don't have a winger and an option to have one on the pitch dedicated to that place would be nice.

Alchs do have a Winger - vCalculus is a Winger. But my first thought was that this could be a model the Alchs could really use. And she sounds kind of Alchemist-y, in that, based on the card description, she doesn't sound like she's going to be a brawler, but may have some defensive tech, and certainly some ball handling and speed.

Oops, missed vCalc being a winger.

Anyway, Layne's here. He could fit to the Alchemist's Guild storywise but I'm not sure we need a striker.

GB-TFC-ScoutingReport9.jpg?format=1500w

I want the group that feels the most alchemist-y fluff wise. 

We need another broken doll to add to our collection. 

So far none of these really seem to quite fit in with us. Layne and maybe Kami, though. 

Alchemists DO like their secrets and what Alchemist doesn't love tech? 

as of right now I'm for Kami. 

I feel like what I’d love for Alchemists is a central midfielder, someone who is a bruiser to compliment Katalyst. Kami sounds dope but I just want someone to take the heat off the more fragile players and reliably generate momentum

Knuckles could suit our need. Though as an alchemist he would probably overlap with Venin's idea of poisonous fists or something. I'm interested, but for this one to be sure the S4 changes would be nice to know.

GB-TFC-ScoutingReport8.jpg?format=1500w

The emphasis on tackles and fight seems interesting, but Knuckles seems like he's just kind of more of the same for us. I mean, we already have a variety of bruisers to bring to bear, even if some of them are less than ideal, and every one of our models but vKat and Calc have a tackle inside the first 2 tiers, 3 of them momentous even. It would depend on what other utility he brings to bear, but he seems awful redundant for now. 

I still like the idea of Kami to slow down counterplay and disrupt the ball, but the more I read him, the more I like Layne. Keep in mind we won't have Mist at our disposal forever, and that, plus my sneaking suspicion that we're really going to have to double down on our scoring game if we want to keep pace and put up wins, makes me think another strong striker that isn't dependent on bouncing off of someone with IB3 isn't a terrible idea. 

So obviously we haven't seen all the players, so someone better might still come along; however as a long time Alchemist player I personally like Kami.

Now while Layne does have a use ( a striker isn't bad) I think that we legitimately don't need another one. While the guild we be going through a rework the core idea behind the guild will stay the same, the give give (and now use) conditions and will be a goal scoring team. Vet. Calculus is very likely to not change as she was made with S4 in mind and she go at it. Layne will just be more of the same and play to the least unique part of the team. Story wise Layne is very similar to Mercury with a addicted, charismatic ball handler.

Kami is story wise a decent fit; a secret past, so high tech and a noble; the Alchemists are a poor guild because they don't have much of a product and are mostly self-funded. On the pitch she is something I feel more than a striker, which is cool ball control tricks and more ranged damage. The Alchemists are though of as one of the range guilds, but we barley have more range than the Morticians! and are easily outdone by Hunters and Engineers. She won't necessarily overtake them, but she helps one of our themes that we just aren't as good at as we should be. Finally while I know that we want another striker who might have a buy-able dodge most of the models on our team are good at ball control and handling and can get the ball to someone who can score, (Except the Katalyts, but two models does not a team make; even Venin is fast with a good distance.) Kami is just someone who i can see on the team and allows the Alchemists to be a more interesting team who can play and win a game without a team of ball handlers.

In the end vote for who ever you want, as long as we play a good number of games and get a good draft pick the internal guild choice is uper to everyone as we all play. Hopefully I at least make everyone think.

Id also line to point out that she doesn't necessarily have kill the ball. The report says she deflates the ball from between people's feet, which is potentially far more powerful. 

I would have to agree with the selection of Kami or Knuckles. Some ranged damage with Kami's pistols would fit in well with Alchemists, especially if the guild gives here some condition inflicting ammo. Katalyst also misses his buddy Harry the Hat. (May he rest in peace). Knuckles may be able to step into that role.

Im all in putting my votes into Nomad. I would love to get Edge but i think she will go early in the draft to either Hunters or Morticians. although i do expect Morts to take Layne. I dont think Edge will be left when it come to our pick.

2 hours ago, The Glorious One said:

Are we basically getting whoever is leftover? That's the kind of talk I'm hearing. 

The discarded scraps no one else wanted... 

That's Alchemist talk if I ever heard it! 

Our top pick on here and the FB group is nomad and the only other guild really pushing for him is farmers. Lots of players jumped ship after the thresher nerf so it shouldnt be too hard to get more games in than them. Even so, REPORT  REPORT REPORT!

I could only DREAM that alchemist stuff got nerfed the way Farmers stuff got nerfed. Must be nice ;o 

After reading the story, Nomad does seem alright. I do like that he has jank. I still think I prefer Kami myself, buut, Nomad could be fine. Everyone wants Kami anyway. 

We will get what ever we want, so long as it hasn't already been selected by another guild. There is no point in not voting for your top pick because another guild might get it first. 

Just play more games and report everything. 

Given the confirmed more in your face play style - are we perhaps more keen for knuckles now as a brawler to bounce Smoke's plays off of?

I reiterate that a striker that isn't dependent on conditions and careful setup of both teams seems like a tool we'll get a lot of mileage out of, especially since they confirmed they want us back to playing the ball game.