Sign in to follow this  
BigGrumpyGamer

Amber

So, shall we have some wild conjectures.

Based on the report if Amber was in the Farmers what do we think she would be based on the scout report.

I'm going with - good kick, but probably not a striker level, so few dodges and buyable means of getting out of a fight.

Fairly hard hitting, especially when an enemy is knocked down

Planter, which I'm getting from the hard working description.

I'm not so sure she'd be a planter, but I see what you mean. It sounds like she's going to be fairly mobile, probably with decent defense stats, and pretty good kick. I also believe she's not going to have a ton of health - there's no specific wording that makes me feel that way, just an impression. Given the upcoming changes to the Farmers, it's really hard to say whether she would fit as a planter or reaper...

I think the farmers could do with a ball holder/retriever/striker, to support the pitiful job Bushel does currently, but Amber seems too similar to Bushel in the report to me. I wouldn't want to have two players who look and feel so much the same, so let's wait and see who else turns up (she may not BE very similar at all, but all we have to go on are the reports and at the moment I feel there may be a  better option).

Of course, we must wait. But the question is: what are Farmers missing (as you've laid out)? I think it's really hard to know right now, knowing that the entire guild is going to get a re-work.

I had an idea for Amber ... wondering what other farmers coaches think?

We've had quite a few people suggesting a beekeeper's guild in the past as a farmer's minor. And Amber comes from the brewers. So how about bringing this all together by making Amber from a family of beekeepers who made mead for the brewers? This could tie all her background and future elements together nicely, as well as keeping a link to an "amber nectar". And if there ever was a beekeeper or gardener minor guild for farmers, she could work as a crossover player?

You could parcel the model up with a couple of beehive models and either put them out as traps (probably too much like hunters) or harvest markers. Maybe she could use a harvest marker to create a bee-swarm ranged attack?

I always thought there was design space to have a beekeeper type guild with a large hive as the goal, and some way for the goal to attack in a swarm-like way. Maybe a 'goal keeper' who buffs the goal so it deals damage to anyone who score (the swarm don't like people kicking balls into their hive...). Would buy any guild that had that, regardless of material or playstyle (probably regret it, but want so much).