LeadDiceandBeers

The Free Cities Draft

14 minutes ago, Mako said:

Fairly decent hair, puts her second to Edge. She’s approved for the morticians :D

(ball tech like kill the ball would also be fun, but it’s all about the hair)

Well, this begs the question then: what are the top 5 models in GB, on the "great hair there" scale? What are the bottom 5?

Just now, landstander said:

Well, this begs the question then: what are the top 5 models in GB, on the "great hair there" scale? What are the bottom 5?

And with that, my free time for the next week or so becomes engaged!

1 minute ago, Mako said:

And with that, my free time for the next week or so becomes engaged!

I will wait for your considered opinions before offering mine, at least on the top 5 side.

47 minutes ago, landstander said:

I will wait for your considered opinions before offering mine, at least on the top 5 side.

It’s tricky, there’s some good hair out there.

Though it must be said, most of the bad hair is on the men and most of the good hair is on the women...

I reckon my best picks are Egret, vHonour, vHemlocke, Friday and Calculus. But it’s quit tight at the top, there’s about a dozen more that have good things to be said. Zarola is pretty close to the top too. 

Katalyst has to be winning the hair-fail award though I think :D

2 hours ago, landstander said:

I was under the (not at all indicated) impression that there would be only one player per position. 

There are ten rookies in the draft and only seven or eight positions so some would need to be duplicate. 

1 hour ago, Redmaw said:

There are ten rookies in the draft and only seven or eight positions so some would need to be duplicate. 

I figured if they tried hard enough, they could come up with 10 different positions.

2 hours ago, Mako said:

It’s tricky, there’s some good hair out there.

Though it must be said, most of the bad hair is on the men and most of the good hair is on the women...

I reckon my best picks are Egret, vHonour, vHemlocke, Friday and Calculus. But it’s quit tight at the top, there’s about a dozen more that have good things to be said. Zarola is pretty close to the top too. 

Katalyst has to be winning the hair-fail award though I think :D

Those are some really good top 5. I would probably swap Friday or Calculus for Brisket. And I'm not as enamored as you seem to be with the "mop" - Egret, vHemlocke, Edge, though they are very good; no love for Fathom? I'm partial to Chisel as well - I have her painted with a blue stripe in her hair, framing her face. One stripe on oChisel, two on vChisel. Good call on vHonour though - it's like I expect her to sort of flip her head up, and smile at the camera, selling some conditioner. vSiren's got some pretty great hair too - it's like she has called the wind to giver her a perpetual wind-blown look. I prefer oCinder to Zarola, though I guess I don't know why. Probably more about the models pose than the hair. Crucible also has it going on - with the censer swinging and the hair flying, it's pretty dynamic. Also, shout out to Ferrite and Faris, but that's probably just me - I really like that look. I'm halfway surprised you didn't mention Skatha. It's very polarizing, but at least it's dynamic and hasn't been seen in the game again. I swear Millstone and Granite go to the same stylist...

You're right about their male counterparts, though the obvious poster boy is ... the poster boy, Shark. Shank has that massive tail. And Tater - I mean, he looks like the kind of guy I would've HATED in school... but the hair is undeniable. There's several more that are pretty good too - Theron, Obulus (who's I imagine is permanently locked in that fashion), Anvil - less so for the hair on TOP of his head, but that beard!

24 minutes ago, landstander said:

Those are some really good top 5. I would probably swap Friday or Calculus for Brisket. And I'm not as enamored as you seem to be with the "mop" - Egret, vHemlocke, Edge, though they are very good; no love for Fathom? I'm partial to Chisel as well - I have her painted with a blue stripe in her hair, framing her face. One stripe on oChisel, two on vChisel. Good call on vHonour though - it's like I expect her to sort of flip her head up, and smile at the camera, selling some conditioner. vSiren's got some pretty great hair too - it's like she has called the wind to giver her a perpetual wind-blown look. I prefer oCinder to Zarola, though I guess I don't know why. Probably more about the models pose than the hair. Crucible also has it going on - with the censer swinging and the hair flying, it's pretty dynamic. Also, shout out to Ferrite and Faris, but that's probably just me - I really like that look. I'm halfway surprised you didn't mention Skatha. It's very polarizing, but at least it's dynamic and hasn't been seen in the game again. I swear Millstone and Granite go to the same stylist...

You're right about their male counterparts, though the obvious poster boy is ... the poster boy, Shark. Shank has that massive tail. And Tater - I mean, he looks like the kind of guy I would've HATED in school... but the hair is undeniable. There's several more that are pretty good too - Theron, Obulus (who's I imagine is permanently locked in that fashion), Anvil - less so for the hair on TOP of his head, but that beard!

Totally forgot Fathom existed, that is good hair too! She would probably knock Friday out the list :)

Farris is one of those in my 6th equal pile, along with siren and brisket (most of her variants have pretty good hair). 

Skatha is the most unique in hair terms, but it just doesn’t do much for me for whatever reason. Not sure why.

Several of my top choices are because they remind me of old friends, so it’s definitely not unbiased :D

I reckon Sakana has a good set of head and chin hair on him too, I’m not a big fan of the male ponytail on models, so that cuts a lot of the slicker men out of the running!

...have to wait til Monday to see where the next rookie ranks in the hair scale, don’t we? Damn!

2 hours ago, Mako said:

...have to wait til Monday to see where the next rookie ranks in the hair scale, don’t we? Damn!

Assuming Jamie doesn’t play around with the order, Monday’s child has pretty solid hair. Like the rest of him, in fact.

3 hours ago, Sherwin said:

Assuming Jamie doesn’t play around with the order, Monday’s child has pretty solid hair. Like the rest of him, in fact.

Wait - he's solid all around? Or the rest of him has hair?

I think we're establishing some good alternative methods for picking teams here :)

A lot of people are assuming Kami should go to engineers because she'd be another addition to their gun line. But maybe that's a bit predictable. If she's from Numasai nobility she might be interesting in a "prestigious" team like the former champions, the masons. Her guns maybe not used for damage or knockdown but for other useful tricks.

Or maybe her noble family could have arranged for her to end up in the GB champion team, only for her to discover she's sent to the low-born farmers. Could make for a bit of comedy in the story.

Now we have Knuckles, a Defensive Midfielder. There's actually a bit more game play info in this one than in most of the previous reports. He's not overly impressive with the ball, so I'm guessing 2/6 or so kick stats. He's can make a "heavy tackle," so... not sure how that figures into the rules, but perhaps something like Hammer's mom T KD? There's also wording about how tough he is taking a hit, so maybe some combination of Tough Hide, Stoic, Sturdy, and/or Resilience. With all the wording about preventing goals, he sounds like he might be a good pseudo-Goalkeeper, so teams that would want a Goalkeeper but don't get one might want Knuckles instead.

24 minutes ago, Jynxed85 said:

I know he is dead and what not, but what about Ghast. Them some luscious locks. 

He’s one of the top blokes, and I reckon in the top ten for the game as a whole. He looks after his blonde locks :D

So what happens if the Fish pick a bruiser type player? SFG has said that one of the reasons  for the S4 rebalancing has been to put guilds back in line with their intended playstyle. SO what happens if the  players muck this up with a draft pick?

2 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

So what happens if the Fish pick a bruiser type player? SFG has said that one of the reasons  for the S4 rebalancing has been to put guilds back in line with their intended playstyle. SO what happens if the  players muck this up with a draft pick?

Players will be designed around their guild and their fluff writeup. They would be made to fit Fish. None of these players have any rules designed at all yet.