Riozaki

Scapel S4

Didnt see a thread about her so I thought I would see what everyone thinks.  

I think she looks really interesting and fun. I can see her being the bain of slow and position-oriented teams. (Smiths and brewers oh my lol)

Scapelfront.jpg

Scapelback.jpg

I’ll miss the joy of finding someone near a wing and hammering them off the pitch with a flurry of blows - she now caps at 4” of push on any one model. But of course, she can now do 12” of shoving rather than her old usual max of 9” (if you somehow managed to optimally use Legendary Voodoo Strings). Along with the lack of momentous damage and dodge until very high up, moving people a long way with her is dead and gone. 

But she’ll be able to mess with people so much more... and now she may also achieve things with less than 5-6 inf, so I’m thinking it’s a new world of shenanigans out there :)

Yep, I approve of all the changes. Albeit with a hint of irritation because this past Monday was the first game I played where I really felt I "got" what she was about and didn't spend most of the game wishing she was Obulous, and now I'm going to have to adjust my thinking again!

It's going to take me a while to really unravel all of the potential board manipulation she's capable of. And clearly Blacksmiths, Farmers, and even Masons will be more than a little annoyed. But the changes to Second Wind may prove to be more painful to Masons and Brewers...

5 minutes ago, landstander said:

It's going to take me a while to really unravel all of the potential board manipulation she's capable of. And clearly Blacksmiths, Farmers, and even Masons will be more than a little annoyed. But the changes to Second Wind may prove to be more painful to Masons and Brewers...

She has a potential 9 in dodge backward without using her movement as well, so she can still sort of hit and run.

I agree. I'm not talking about Scalpels range. Second Wind being a 4" dodge hits Brewers current plans w/ vetDecimate, and given it's guild only, totally negates its applicability by oDecimate in Masons.

1 minute ago, landstander said:

I agree. I'm not talking about Scalpels range. Second Wind being a 4" dodge hits Brewers current plans w/ vetDecimate, and given it's guild only, totally negates its applicability by oDecimate in Masons.

lol since they cant use her second wind anymore, i think we will see her alot less lol

13 minutes ago, Riozaki said:

She has a potential 9 in dodge backward without using her movement as well, so she can still sort of hit and run.

How so? I’m seeing 2” push from Voodoo, second wind for 4”, and a 1” dodge from her last attack. And given I have been guilty of abusing the 7” second wind trick, I’d hate to miss something!

Scapel attacks 5 times from 1in out, last attack you take the 2 dodge to be 2in out,  then voodoo strings herself back 2 more inches out. She is now 4in out,  Heroic spirit bomb hitting her target, making him go back 2in so she is now 6 in out. Last inf for second wind to be 10in back.  So technically 10in back from target, possible 8 from other enemies. (unless you can then use your move to be even further.

22 minutes ago, Riozaki said:

Scapel attacks 5 times from 1in out, last attack you take the 2 dodge to be 2in out,  then voodoo strings herself back 2 more inches out. She is now 4in out,  Heroic spirit bomb hitting her target, making him go back 2in so she is now 6 in out. Last inf for second wind to be 10in back.  So technically 10in back from target, possible 8 from other enemies. (unless you can then use your move to be even further.

Pushing them back with spirit bomb, that’s what I missed!

I’m such a muppet :D

13 minutes ago, Mako said:

Pushing them back with spirit bomb, that’s what I missed!

I’m such a muppet :D

Well, in your defense: it's not quite the same as 9" of dodge. There is now 10 inches of separation, yes, so it is in most cases effectively the same.

28 minutes ago, landstander said:

Well, in your defense: it's not quite the same as 9" of dodge. There is now 10 inches of separation, yes, so it is in most cases effectively the same.

I am awful at math without coffee, this is why i am not playing engineers :P

3 minutes ago, Riozaki said:

I am awful at math without coffee, this is why i am not playing engineers :P

The real question is: are you actually and engineer IRL? Being bad at math w/o coffee would actually make you normal if so.

Purely on paper, I feel like the loss of Slippery and the low dodges on her playbook are going to hurt more than they seem like it at first, while her new Second Wind is much better imo.

In fairness, it seems like she has plenty of options to bring new targets to her if she eats a bad counterattack.

Now if only I could get my hands on a Scalpel model without dropping 100 on a new box.

She is very very good, she will cause all kinds of havoc in the scrum, and with goal scoring. Though I think she will have a very high learning curve to get the most out of her. Will need to see the rest of the team's adjustments in ordered to get a better perspective on what all can be achieved, but really liking the direction with Scalpel.

6 hours ago, LouisvillePitch said:

She is very very good, she will cause all kinds of havoc in the scrum, and with goal scoring. Though I think she will have a very high learning curve to get the most out of her. Will need to see the rest of the team's adjustments in ordered to get a better perspective on what all can be achieved, but really liking the direction with Scalpel.

This. She feels like a morticians captain. You can push either yours or your opponents models around.

one of your players getting taken prisoner? Drag them out. Their captain about to hammer time you? Cage them in their own models.

slowy dragging everyone on your team into a model to 3-4 crowds seems fun

I’m liking the idea of ruining snap shot turrets without having to go find them... just hit someone else and yank the offending player out of shot range :)

I’m going to have to start learning her all over again when season 4 hits! Though if she’s been previewed first, is she therefore getting smaller changes than some other morticians? (Not counting the eternal constant of Obulus, of course) Could a general boost to our inf levels and efficiency be in the works?

Got a couple of games in tonight. 

First game vs ballista engineers. I ran her, vileswarm, ghast, graves, hemlocke and skulk.

i kicked off with graves and started shuffled models around. Scalpel got moved up. Graves went, gave tooled up to scalpel then charged into mother getting me 2 more momentum.  He scored with salvo (season 4). I went with scalpel, killed mother and scored.  I won initiative, slide scalpel over and scored again. He killed someone (graves I think)

He scored a snap back with salvo again and finished the round with the ball on ballista.

Hemlocke went first and went for the goal run, missing her 75%. Unfortunate. Hoist tooled him self up and finished the last 6 on her to take the game.

game 2 was against honour led masons. Honour, marbles, brick, mallet, harmony and granite (season 4)

again I kicked to him, got a turn one goal and put a bunch of damage out. Pushing models into fire is fun!

Slowly ground through his team, using scalpel to group everyone up for silence, graves and ghast. 

Final activation was finishing a returned brick. I played lone striker and even on tac 6, managed to drag enough models in so I was rolling 10 dice at the end to finish him